We'll likely be getting some more details at E3 next month but so far, we've had one live action teaser, and a second gameplay trailer. Judging by platform support from the first Rage game back in 2011, we predict that Rage 2 will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Rage 2 is happening, we learned for certain yesterday, with Doom masterminds id Software and Just Cause and Max Max developer Avalanche Studios at its helm.
The world first learned of "Rage 2's" existence last week when pre-order info supposedly appeared on the Walmart Canada website for it and various other unannounced titles like "Gears of War 5", "Borderlands 3", and "Lego DC Villains". From the swamplands and jungles where enemies lurk among the dense foliage, to the open deserts where a passing vehicle is more likely to mow you down than offer you a ride, the world of Rage 2 is not a gentle, nurturing place.More news: Cavaliers own 2.8 percent chance at No. 1 pick in draft lottery
What's really interesting, though, is that Avalanche Studios is working on Rage 2 alongside id Software. This week it has all been confirmed and today we have a new gameplay trailer.
"When 80% of the Earth's population was destroyed by an asteroid, the tyrannical Authority rose up to seek control and every scrap that slipped through their fingers was snatched up by those who remained". While it is hard to draw a conclusion from just this one series of scenes, the clip immediately shows that Rage 2 has more character and tries to be more charming than its predecessor.More news: Neuer conundrum for coach Joachim Loew
In the year 2185, humanity's numbers are dwindling.
We've got a lot more to show you from RAGE 2. But barring some colossal screw-up in development, Rage 2's gunplay will be incredible. This is a game, at least we hope, that demands creativity. As Walker, the last Ranger of the wasteland and a threat to their power, you have been robbed of your home and left for dead.More news: Trial delayed in Giants, Eli Manning fraud case
However, just because Rage 2 will not feature loot boxes doesn't mean that the game will not feature microtransactions, another business model that has also been criticized by some.
- Tim Allen shares first teaser for 'Last Man Standing' Season 7
- Newcastle Owner Mike Ashley Says He Wants Rafa Benitez To Stay On
- Police praise students for "best senior prank"
- Iran's talks with European countries to save the nuclear deal
- Mariners' Robinson Cano Suspended 80 games
- Putin opens bridge to Crimea, Russia's first road link with annexed peninsula
- The Home Depot (HD) Reports Q1 2018 Results
- NIA court convicts 18 of organising SIMI camp in Kerala's Wagamon
- Hart not in England's World Cup squad for Russia 2018
- Twitter Will Now Hide Mean Tweets From Trolls