Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has pledged to back Rafa Benitez in the transfer market this summer, although fans could be forgiven for refusing to get carried away just yet.
"It was a great way to end", he told reporters.More news: Crystal Palace must keep players, improve squad: Hodgson
"And the fans, the atmosphere here is togetherness, the relationship, the players they care, the manager, the staff, working together trying to achieve what we want to achieve".
"I said before the game it is not about finishing 10th".
It is bad enough during the football season but now the matches have finished, we know for sure that the media will be ramping things up when it comes to transfer stories.
"The players have done so well".More news: Taraji P Henson engaged to former footballer Kelvin Hayden
"The fans, they have ambitions, we have ambitions". This is something we've mentioned before on here and tomorrow for the final game of the season at home to Chelsea, "Wor Flags' latest display promises to be one of the biggest yet".
Ashley has echoed his previous support of the former Liverpool boss and his stance when it comes to investment.
Ashley meanwhile released a statement saying "every penny generated by the club" will be available to Benitez - having made similar comments a year previously. Gareth Southgate will name his England squad for the World Cup on May 16, and both he and Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles may feel they have an outside chance of being given a place on the plane to Russian Federation.
Chelsea had a chance to claim a Champions League spot for next season, but they downed their tools in the most hapless fashion.More news: Gap Apologises For Flogging Shirts With Map Of China Bereft Of Taiwan
Rafa Benitez will meet Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley on Sunday for talks which can decide his future on Tyneside, with the supervisor nonetheless none the wiser what the switch funds is for subsequent season.
- United Nations chief welcomes North Korea's closure of nuke test site
- Cargill has 'significant concerns' over US-China trade spat
- Mariners' Robinson Cano Suspended 80 games
- Cashier-less store coming to IL
- Nokia X6 complete details, pricing, AI features leaked in 16 new images
- Cavaliers own 2.8 percent chance at No. 1 pick in draft lottery
- Israeli rabbi who compared black people to monkeys blesses Ivanka Trump, husband
- First lady Melania 'doing really well' after medical procedure
- Apple CEO Tim Cook praises Parkland, 'Me Too' activists in commencement speech
- Neuer conundrum for coach Joachim Loew