Leah Remini, who had a much more successful run with James as his TV wife on The King of Queens, thanked Kevin Can Wait's cast, producers, and writers for accepting her with open arms at the start of the second season.
"I would like to say thankyou to all fans to the love and support", James composed Saturday. "I will miss seeing all of you".More news: Israeli rabbi who compared black people to monkeys blesses Ivanka Trump, husband
"I want to say thank you to the wonderful cast, crew, producers and the writers of ['Kevin Can Wait']". I was so blessed to be able to work every day with the most wonderful cast, crew, writers and support team! I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world ...
Kevin Can Wait's decision ended up being for naught in regards to guaranteeing a Season 3 and, as previously mentioned, could be one of the reasons the show's viewership dropped in Season 2. Thank you to @cbstv and @sony for a great time'.
CBS has cleaned house of underperforming shows as it prepares to unveil its 2018-19 season plans to advertisers at Carnegie Hall in NY on Wednesday. The sitcom starred James as a police officer who retires to relax and spend more time with his family - only to find a life with a lot of family complications. The plot of the show didn't have enough drive.More news: Coroner: Detained suspect in Louisiana died of asphyxiation
The CBS comedy series couldn't survive a season 2 shakeup.
According to Entertainment Weekly, if you include DVR playback, "Kevin Can Wait" averaged 7.7 million viewers and a 1.6 rating among the advertiser-loving 18-49 demo. His kids, Sara, Jack and Kendra, are grateful to him for making sure they're OK but decide it's time for him to get out of the house, so they turn to Vanessa, his former police partner, for help. "We were literally just running out of ideas'".
Fueled by the popularity of its star Kevin James and boosted by The Bing Bang Theory as a lead, Kevin Can Wait got off to a blazing start in fall 2016 and went on to become a sturdy Monday 8 PM anchor.More news: Mariners' Robinson Cano Suspended 80 games
- The 17 richest young millionaire athletes in Britain
- Is a Ms Marvel movie in the works?
- Scottish parliament decisively rejects European Union withdrawal bill
- STD cases drastically climb in California
- Amber Alert Issued By Tulsa Police For Missing 7-Year-Old
- Project Maven: Nearly a dozen Google employees have reportedly quit in protest
- Arsene Wenger claims he nearly signed Cristiano Ronaldo
- "Rage 2" Video Game Trailer Highlights Savage Action & Brutal Villains
- EPL: Mourinho explains why he won't have assistant manager next season
- Trial delayed in Giants, Eli Manning fraud case