However Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and his resolution to maneuver the US Embassy to the holy metropolis threw the most important wrench to this point within the administration's peace-brokering efforts, with Palestinian leaders refusing to have interaction the administration because the December announcement.
A striking image shows just how different two scenes were on Monday in the Middle East.
It was finally the day for the government to move its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem which led to a ton of violence and death.More news: Cavaliers own 2.8 percent chance at No. 1 pick in draft lottery
He also isn't Jared Kushner, however. "As we have seen from the protests of the last month and even today, those provoking violence are part of the problem and not part of the solution", he said from behind a podium.
In its Tuesday issue, The New York Daily News highlighted the contrast with a scathing cover photo of Ivanka Trump, smiling wide, and pointing to a picture-insert of the violent clashes on the Gaza border.
The headline read, "Daddy's Little Ghoul".More news: Cashier-less store coming to IL
Picture collages showing the United States embassy opening in Jerusalem juxtaposed against protests at the Gaza border were widely circulated among social media users.
The embassy inauguration nonetheless went on as planned, attended by a Washington delegation that included US President Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner, both White House aides.
The clashes, which left more than 2,400 Palestinians wounded, erupted before a White House delegation and Israeli officials opened the embassy at an inauguration ceremony in Jerusalem and continued throughout the day.More news: Gap Apologises For Flogging Shirts With Map Of China Bereft Of Taiwan
- Soros basis to give up Hungary after conflict with authorities
- Facebook closed 583m fake accounts in first three months of 2018
- Twitter Will Now Hide Mean Tweets From Trolls
- United Nations chief welcomes North Korea's closure of nuke test site
- NFL's Panthers to be sold to Tepper
- Ex-Prem star Jlloyd Samuel, 37, dies in auto crash
- Taraji P Henson engaged to former footballer Kelvin Hayden
- Hart not in England's World Cup squad for Russia 2018
- Cargill has 'significant concerns' over US-China trade spat
- Newcastle Owner Mike Ashley Says He Wants Rafa Benitez To Stay On