An Amazon spokesperson confirmed to the news outlet that the company was planning to open stores in each of the cities, but did not specify when they would welcome customers.
The experience one gets by shopping at Amazon Go store possesses something of a novelty, which is still now attracting tourists to the Seattle location six months after opening. In response, Amazon's vice president said this move "forces us to question our growth here".More news: Neuer conundrum for coach Joachim Loew
A customer scans his Amazon Go cellphone app at the entrance as he heads into an Amazon Go store on January 22, 2018, in Seattle. The customers are automatically charged for the items they've picked up once they leave the store and a receipt is sent to the app. Now, it has posted listings for store managers in San Francisco and Chicago, according to The Seattle Times. While the Amazon Go store in Seattle doesn't bear Whole Foods' branding, it does stock plenty of the store's signature 365 brand products.
The 11 key-factors they looked at include restaurants participating in Prime Now, Amazon bookstores, free two-hour Whole Food delivery and Amazon Lockers. When they pull an item of the shelf, it's added to their virtual cart.
The Seattle stores sells ready-made sandwiches, salads and other lunch items as well as drinks, desserts and snacks.More news: Watch the Trailer for Upcoming Thriller MILE 22 Starring Mark Wahlberg
The company says it uses computer vision, machine learning algorithms and sensors to figure out what people are grabbing off its store shelves.
The company had announced the Amazon Go store in December 2016 and said it would open by early 2017, but it delayed the debut while it worked on the technology and company employees tested it out.More news: Trump greets Muslims on Ramadan
- Modi to visit Russian Federation on May 21 for informal summit
- United Nations chief welcomes North Korea's closure of nuke test site
- NFL's Panthers to be sold to Tepper
- Cargill has 'significant concerns' over US-China trade spat
- Hart not in England's World Cup squad for Russia 2018
- The cold - could it become less common?
- Iran's talks with European countries to save the nuclear deal
- Cavaliers own 2.8 percent chance at No. 1 pick in draft lottery
- Taraji P Henson engaged to former footballer Kelvin Hayden
- Tom Wolfe, pyrotechnic nonfiction writer and novelist, dies at 87