Ora previously told People magazine she wanted the song, which also features Charli XCX, Cardi B and Bebe Rexha, to be a bisexual anthem. "I [thought] the song was a good song and i remember my experience", she posted.
Ora added, "I am sorry how I expressed myself in my song has hurt anyone".More news: Analytical Report on Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
The pair dated for a couple of months before splitting back in 2012, and at the time Rob claimed that Rita "cheated on me with almost 20 dudes while we were together". "A song like this just fuels the male gaze while marginalizing the idea of women loving women". Artists including Hayley Kiyoko and Kehlani called Ora out for including lyrics like "Sometimes, I just wanna kiss girls, girls, girls/ Red wine, I just wanna kiss girls, girls, girls", which they said contributed to continued stereotypes about same-sex female love simply being a phase. Now, Bardi's has chimed in on the conversation and explained her intentions with the song.
When a fan tweeted to her that she had a similar experience with using the word "dyke", Cardi retweeted her and wrote, "Exactly me too". & have met them all and respect them.More news: Pauley Perrette alludes to physical assaults
Rita's backlash comes after the singer touched on her romantic experiences with men and women. "I would never intentionally cause harm to other LGBTQ+ people or anyone", she wrote.
Cardi is back to tweeting as normal, including promotion of her "Invastion of Privacy" album and woes of pregnancy, however she's not back on Instagram yet. If Perry could she would not have written the song in the same way. I'm not saying I'm 70/30. I'm not hiding what I am, who I am, if I wanna do this, if I wanna do that.More news: Kia to introduce 48v hybrid tech to diesel engines
Today Cardi addressed the "Girls" lyrics and her past use of LGBTQ+ slurs. Looking forward, I hope that continuing to express myself through my art will empower my fans to feel as proud of themselves as I'm learning to feel about who I am'.
- 'Play like this and we'll lose the final,' Conte warns Chelsea stars
- Google Pixel Buds add double-tap to skip track and more
- Lost legs to frostbite, 70-yr-old Chinese finally scales Mt Everest
- QLD Captain Cam Smith Announces Origin Retirement
- Netflix & ESPN Partner On Michael Jordan Docuseries 'The Last Dance'
- Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini named new Italy manager
- Uber won't force sexual assault survivors into arbitration
- Eagles' Jay Ajayi Sued For Trashing Mansion, Accused of Pushing Home Owner
- Buffalo-ordained Bishop to give address at Royal Wedding
- Deputies conclude investigation into young girl attacked by bear