"It is one way traffic in the betting for the next Arsenal manager and it seems as though everybody is convinced that Arteta is the man to step into Wenger's shoes", said Coral's Harry Aitkenhead.More news: NIA court convicts 18 of organising SIMI camp in Kerala's Wagamon
Patrick Vieira was left disappointed at Arsenal's "token gesture" after being contacted about the vacant managerial position at the club, say Sky sources.
"It might appeal to him to take another Premier League job and stick it to his old club. We talked a lot already and we also wrote in a book for him". Wenger was given gifts to mark the day and a guard of honour was once again formed for the Arsenal manager before kick off.
The 22-year-old has made a total of 26 appearances for Arsenal in the league this season and will now shift his focus to the Super Eagles at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.More news: "Rage 2" Video Game Trailer Highlights Savage Action & Brutal Villains
That reciprocation of the relationship at Huddersfield was a touching moment, the Frenchman quipped afterwards: "I should have announced every week that I was retiring, people have been so nice with me since I said that!"
From cucumber sandwiches and industrial strength gin and tonics on Peter Hill-Wood's lawn, the corridors of power at Arsenal Football Club have sometimes resembled a scene from Brideshead Revisited. "Maybe it's better I go somewhere else". I think they'd be more solid and hard to beat [under Allegri]. "I want to wish this group of players well and the staff coming in, I will remain an Arsenal fan above everything else".More news: The 17 richest young millionaire athletes in Britain
- Tim Allen shares first teaser for 'Last Man Standing' Season 7
- Sadr eyes Govt as poll upset rocks Iraq
- Hart not in England's World Cup squad for Russia 2018
- Liverpool's final two games: Slim margins between success and regret
- Iran's talks with European countries to save the nuclear deal
- Tom Wolfe, pyrotechnic nonfiction writer and novelist, dies at 87
- Putin opens bridge to Crimea, Russia's first road link with annexed peninsula
- Watch the Trailer for Upcoming Thriller MILE 22 Starring Mark Wahlberg
- Cargill has 'significant concerns' over US-China trade spat
- Amber Alert Issued By Tulsa Police For Missing 7-Year-Old