Apparently, the Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi wants to take the camera performance of its smartphones to the next level. To the front, there's a 16MP selfie shooter with HDR support and LED flash. IDC notes that the popularity of Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5A have helped the company maintain its leadership position during the first quarter. All this points to the launch of the Redmi Y2 that is likely to be the successor to the Redmi Y1, which was launched in November with selfie-centric features, including an LED selfie-light.More news: Nanny gets life in prison without parole for killing 2 children
Xiaomi might rebrand its recently-launched Redmi S2 and bring it as Redmi Y2 in India. The company is stressing on the terms #FindYourSelfie and #RealYou hashtags and has highlighted the alphabet "Y" in the teaser.
Coming to the specifications, Xiaomi Redmi S2 will sports a 5.99-inch HD+ (1440 × 720 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 70.8 per cent NTSC color gamut and 450 nits Brightness.More news: Palestinians' bloodbath as US Embassy moves to Jerusalem
The Redmi S2 comes with a 12MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and PDAF along with a dedicated 5MP secondary depth sensor. Additionally, handsets like Mi S-series, Redmi 6-series, Redmi A-series, and more have been listed. Under the hood, the handset will be powered by Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor bundled with Adreno 506 GPU. The strategy has worked well for the company not only in China but also in India, where it has surpassed Samsung as the leading smartphone maker.
It will come with Android 8.1 Oreo based MIUI 9 operating system. It comes with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage, and expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD. The front-camera of the device will also be used for the Facial Unlock feature, just like the Redmi Note 5 Pro.More news: WPI inflation rises to 3.18% in April on costlier fuel, fruits
The phone was launched at a starting price of CNY 999, which is roughly Rs 10,000. While the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1299 yuan (Rs. 13,735 approx.). The device will be available in an array of options like Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Grey and Silver.
- 35 cases of salmonella linked to egg recall
- Traditionally GOP, Porter County Dem primary voters continue to show growth
- 3-year-old pees during marriage proposal
- Indian Congress leader Tharoor named as a suspect in wife's death
- Tharoor dismisses charge sheet as 'preposterous — Sunanda Pushkar death
- Scott Arfield joins Rangers as Steven Gerrard's first signing
- CBI to chargesheet Modi, Allahabad Bank CEO in its first chargesheet
- Google One is a new cloud storage service with perks
- Rise in school referrals for child mental health treatment
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Has Nothing On The Galaxy S9