Google is refreshing its cloud storage plans today with the introduction of a new service. The new upgrade will provide more storage space to the users at much cheaper rates than before and will also entitle the users to interact with Google experts to use the latest products of the company more efficiently. The $9.99 option - the most popular plan - will now net you 2 TB of storage.
As highly requested, consumers can add up to five family members to their Google One plan, with payment summarised in one bill.More news: Starbucks, Amazon tee off on Seattle's new head tax
All users with a paid Drive storage plan will be automatically upgraded to Google One in the upcoming months. This plan will be available along with the existing plans that start at US$1.99 for 100GB and goes all the way up to US# 299.99 for 30TB.
Google One will be available initially in the US, with customers from the paid Drive storage plans upgrading automatically. The actual storage and synchronization service will still be called Google Drive - confused yet? However, for consumers who want to buy 200GB storage, Google One has a new plan that comes at a monthly charge of $2.99 (approximately Rs. 205).More news: Diplomat involved in Islamabad accident leaves Pakistan, confirms US embassy
The goal seems to be to make Google's storage offerings for consumers more competitive with Apple's.
Google has made significant changes to its user interface over past couple of weeks. The previous 1TB plan, which was priced at $9.99 per month is dead - it has been doubled to 2TB for the same price.More news: Two passenger jets collide at Ataturk airport in Istanbul
Google One is slowly rolling out worldwide. The new Google One addition will not impact G Suite business customers. "Everyone gets their own private storage space as well as the additional benefits of Google One". Not only that, the company is also offering deals on hotel bookings and more benefits will be added over the time. Users will now get one-tap access to live Google Experts - actual humans, not AI bots - for help with any Google product or service.
- Nanny gets life in prison without parole for killing 2 children
- Scott Arfield joins Rangers as Steven Gerrard's first signing
- 35 cases of salmonella linked to egg recall
- Four children become orphans in Surabaya, Sidoarjo bombings
- PD: 16 arrested after "Poor People's Campaign" protest in Hartford
- Traditionally GOP, Porter County Dem primary voters continue to show growth
- UFC's Tim Kennedy Waterboards Himself to Prove 'It's Not Torture'
- Palestinians' bloodbath as US Embassy moves to Jerusalem
- WWE women and Triple H at the NBC Upfront presentation
- 3-year-old pees during marriage proposal