In a statement on Twitter, the founder said while the studio had a great time together, their games were unable to find a large enough audience to carry the team forward. As such, the studio is shutting down. A shift to a free-to-play model was discussed, although more recently the studio announced it would move the bulk of its efforts to a new game, Radical Heights, which attempted to capitalize on the tremendous success of Fortnite and PUBG.More news: AT&T Chief Says It Made a 'Big Mistake' Hiring Michael Cohen
What a pity. Perhaps a case of arriving late on the heels of current trends, the real tragedy here is that Lawbreakers was in fact a damn good game.
Boss Key Productions was originally founded in April 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, and the studio spawned the hero-based shooter LawBreakers just lasr year. Furthermore, he added that he was going to take some time off, away from the gaming industry in order to reflect and spend time with his family.More news: Jets Look To Extend Series Lead Over Golden Knights
After thanking his fans "from the bottom of [his] heart" for their support, Bleszinski mentioned that Radical Height's servers will still be up and running for the "near future".
"Videogames will forever be a part of who I am and I hope to make something new again someday, however, I need to withdraw and take this time", he wrote. He also describes Boss Key's Battle Royale shooter Radical Heights as a "last-ditch attempt" to try to get in on the Battle Royale genre and produce a hit. Together, the duo led development on 2017's LawBreakers and launched Radical Heights just over a month ago.More news: New evidence for water plumes on Jupiter's moon, Europa
- 'Superman' star Margot Kidder dies at 69
- Children said they had punctures, burns
- Indian Congress leader Tharoor named as a suspect in wife's death
- Goldman Sachs says oil prices are going to spike
- Nothing says 'peace' like 58 dead Palestinians
- Four children become orphans in Surabaya, Sidoarjo bombings
- Traditionally GOP, Porter County Dem primary voters continue to show growth
- U.S. has sacrificed its role as Middle East mediator, says Erdogan
- Two passenger jets collide at Ataturk airport in Istanbul
- Nanny gets life in prison without parole for killing 2 children