In his delivery of the university's keynote address, Cook congratulated the university's graduating seniors, advising them to "look back over you shoulder fondly and say goodbye to act one of your life and then quickly look forward". "Fearless, like the women who say "me too" and 'time's up.' Women who cast light onto dark places and move us to a more just and equal future", Cook continued.
He added: 'So we choose a different path, collecting as little of your data as possible, being thoughtful and respectful when it's in our care because we know it belongs to you'.More news: Childish Gambino avoided internet after This Is America video release
Cook's calculus is shrewd: His underlying argument, tucked within the speech, is a reminder that Apple considers itself a trustworthy and socially responsible employer, which plays well in the Silicon Valley recruiting wars.
"But I felt that tariffs were not the right approach there, and I showed him some more analytical kinds of things to demonstrate why". The concern for privacy is more than ever and it seems like the companies are experiencing a hard time fending off these attacks. Apple is not flawless, by any stretch of the imagination, and the company certainly has other issues to contend with as well.
Cook's comments about privacy may also have been a reference to Google, which is a more direct Apple competitor.More news: Trump Administration Defends Plan to Lower Prescription Drug Prices
Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook waded into divisive political topics such as gun control and immigration during a commencement speech while continuing his criticisms of internet companies over a lack of user privacy. "And yet the potential adverse consequences are spreading faster and cutting deeper".
Cook told the Duke students they could be the solution to the epidemic of data abuse in American society.More news: Vodafone: Call new CEO maybe
Cook is counting on a new wave of graduates to decide just how ridiculous it is.
- Sneek Peek In To Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja Mehendi, wedding & reception party
- West Ham hold talks with Zorro over replacing Moyes
- Tuesday, May 15 Morning Forecast
- 'The House That Jack Built' Trailer Shows Off Brutality
- Will Navjot Sidhu go to jail? Supreme Court to decide on Tuesday
- The cold - could it become less common?
- Sonam Kapoor makes heads turn as she slays on the red carpet!
- Scientists Have Transferred A Memory From One Snail To Another
- Ford Suspends Production of F-150 Trucks
- Christie Brinkley Spotted With Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Michael Avenatti