Microsoft seems to be developing a new Xbox One controller specifically for accessibility. An image was released on Twitter by perennial leaker h0x0d showing off a unique rectangular controller with Xbox branding on it. Windows Central is now reporting that the controller is real, and will potentially be officially revealed between now and E3.
The prototype above doesn't resemble a normal gamepad at all.
The controller itself features oversized A and B buttons, along with several impressions near the top which appear to represent different functions, as well as an LED light which might indicate you can program it with different modes.More news: WPI inflation rises to 3.18% in April on costlier fuel, fruits
The controller also has the standard Xbox logo command button which turns the console/controller on and off, the two navigation buttons, and a d-pad.
The side of the controllers looks like it has a a USB port and a headphone jack, which you can see below in the closeup image.
Head over to the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, your Xbox One, or online, navigate to the product that you would like to purchase, select Buy as Gift, and enter the email address of the gift recipient.More news: Jets Look To Extend Series Lead Over Golden Knights
We'll report back more on the controller as more is known. It's too early to tell for sure, though.
Bleeping Computer has contacted Microsoft regarding this controller but they do not have any comment at this time.
So this latest leak of a possible new Xbox controller for accessibility may not come as a big surprise. It's certainly heartwarming that Microsoft apparently noticed that the Elite controller helped make its games more accessible.More news: IL proposes reinstating death penalty for mass murder, police killings
Along with the games listed above, you'll also receive a one-month trial of Xbox Game Pass (effectively giving you access to over 100 downloadable games), and a 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold.
- Diplomat involved in Islamabad accident leaves Pakistan, confirms US embassy
- Rise in school referrals for child mental health treatment
- Boss Key Productions Closes After Two Failed Titles
- US willing support rebuild North Korea
- CBI to chargesheet Modi, Allahabad Bank CEO in its first chargesheet
- Tharoor dismisses charge sheet as 'preposterous — Sunanda Pushkar death
- CBS sues controlling shareholder Redstone to stop Viacom merger plan
- Keys to Rockets' Game 1 against Golden State Warriors
- PD: 16 arrested after "Poor People's Campaign" protest in Hartford
- Nanny gets life in prison without parole for killing 2 children