The upcoming Z5 has a stunning edge-to-edge display with incredibly slim bezels, but it is missing the controversial notch that has been slowly invading Android devices since Apple unveiled its latest flagship last September. The teaser is also a concept sketch, so we may not be getting the full story here.
Lenovo is now looking to disrupt this aspect - with a phone that has an all-glass front. In two new images that surfaced over on Weibo thanks to Lenovo's VP Chang Cheng, the phone is clearly visible with an extremely small border surrounding its display. It remains to be seen how exactly the company achieved this and we will be taking a closer look at the compromises that have been accompanied by bringing the bezels down to such a level.More news: Woman kicked off flight sues United Airlines claiming racial discrimination
Dubbed the Lenovo Z5, he elaborated that the smartphone will have a screen ratio of 95 percent and it will feature "18 patented technologies". A new wave of phones are coming with such aspect ratio, but majority still have bezels or come with a notch on the top.
The Lenovo Z5 will arrive sometime in June and since it does not appear to have a facial recognition sensor other than the one that will be incorporated via software, it will probably have a fingerprint scanner for user authentication. Still, Cheng's posts have us intrigued, as does the promise of a true all-screen device.More news: Huge discovery about Lost asteroid stuns scientists
Unfortunately, Cheng wouldn't go into any specifics, so we will have to wait to see how it all shakes out.More news: Overwatch Anniversary 2018 Event Announced; Legendary Edition Revealed
- Xerox refused to merge with Fujifilm
- ICSE 10th Result 2018 declared at cisce.org, Pass Percentage 98.51
- Anthony Martial: Knee injury needs to be assessed
- IBP: Only Senate can unseat Chief Justice
- Monster Hunter Movie Starring Milla Jovovich Will Start Production in September
- Germany: US' Iran sanctions could stymie Europe
- Marvel Fan Comes up With Perfect MCU Introduction for Ms. Marvel
- Georgia police officer suspended after manhandling grandmother during traffic stop
- Supreme Court strikes down federal law against sports gambling
- Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster