However, this time, it's about a different space rock.
As compared to various other planets, 2010 WC9 is not a big one yet it is likely larger compared to the Chelyabinsk meteor, which was originally approximated to be 65 feet long.
The closest approach will happen May 15 at 6:05 pm RDT.
"2010 WC9 is expected to reach 11th magnitude on the day of closest approach (May 15th), bright enough to be seen with a small telescope".More news: Ederson Signs New Manchester City Contract Until 2025
According to EarthSky, Tuesday's close encounter will be one of the closest approaches ever observed of an asteroid of this size. However, the asteroid has now paid a visit after eight long years on 8 May this year and its activity had initially made the researchers suspicious. The 2010 sign means that it was initially detected in 2010, particularly on November 30, by the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona. The 2010 WC9 is arriving within about "0.53 lunar-distances" from our planet.
An asteroid which was lost in space for eight years is making a reappearance tomorrow - with an alarmingly close whizz past our planet.
Despite its seemingly large size, the asteroid will not be visible to the naked eye from Earth.
Although 2010 WC9 is hurtling towards us at an incredible speed of 28,655 miles per hour (46,116 km/h), it's unlikely that the asteroid will change its trajectory.More news: Rafa Benitez to have showdown talks with Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley
"The broadcast will be less than 25 minutes in duration, as the asteroid will cross our field of view within that period of time".
Nearly eight years later, astronomers realized that an asteroid they temporarily called ZJ99C60 was actually 2010 WC9 returning.More news: Karnataka Exit Polls Predict Uncertain Results
- Khloe Kardashian shares first photo of baby True Thompson
- Walmart to be at ease even if SoftBank stays put in Flipkart
- Woman kicked off flight sues United Airlines claiming racial discrimination
- Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster
- Chris Sutton: Gerrard may have had influence in Rangers decision v Hibernian
- Prince Philip Makes His First Public Appearance Post-Surgery
- Modi's temple run in Nepal to influence voters: Congress
- One dead in E. coli outbreak - lettuce still may not be safe
- IBP: Only Senate can unseat Chief Justice
- Nawaz Sharif's 26/11 remarks create stir in Pakistan