BTC.com, a prominent platform for cryptocurrency users (that is affiliated with Bitmain), has announced the BTC.com mobile wallet will be the first cryptocurrency app released on Huawei's AppGallery. According to de la Torre, the AppGallery will come pre-installed but only on the new Honor and Huawei handsets.
Adam Reese is a Los Angeles-based writer interested in technology, domestic and worldwide politics, social issues, infrastructure and the arts. Nonetheless, BTC.com's de la Torre recognizes "the fantastic opportunity cryptocurrencies have in replacing fiat currency as the currency of choice for mobile payments" in China.More news: Marvel Fan Comes up With Perfect MCU Introduction for Ms. Marvel
This move from Huawei most notably impacts the Chinese market, which doesn't exactly have a track record of being cryptocurrency friendly.
By partnering with Chinese telecommunications mogul Huawei, BTC.com is able to penetrate the massive and exclusive Chinese markets for crypto wallet user acquisition.
A joint censorship effort between the Chinese government and telecom companies has blocked the Google App Store to Android mobile users amid what's been dubbed "China's great firewall", making it hard for many Chinese residents to access mobile cryptocurrency wallets.
It is important to mention that BTC.com is part of Bitmain Technologies, the world's largest Bitcoin mining pool in the world.More news: Modi's temple run in Nepal to influence voters: Congress
The smartphone maker's app store is set to be rolled out to older devices in the coming months.
The application would be accessible in China. The networking and telecom giant had initially filed the patent in the second half of 2016. After a download request has been sent by a user within the peer-to-peer network, the license or private key will be identified and compared by the verification system before access being granted for the content.More news: Special Gold Nintendo Famicom Classic Edition Gets Trailer Showing its Manga Games
- Supreme Court strikes down federal law against sports gambling
- Rafa Benitez to have showdown talks with Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley
- IPhone X, iPhone 8 get big discounts during Flipkart, Amazon sale
- Overwatch Anniversary 2018 Event Announced; Legendary Edition Revealed
- Raptors' Dwane Casey Named Coach of the Year by His NBA Peers
- Huge discovery about Lost asteroid stuns scientists
- Woman kicked off flight sues United Airlines claiming racial discrimination
- Karnataka Exit Polls Predict Uncertain Results
- Georgia police officer suspended after manhandling grandmother during traffic stop
- RR's Jos Buttler equals Virender Sehwag's record for most consecutive IPL fifties