It is being urged that if you or anyone you know present these symptoms after ingested recalled eggs to contact your doctor and get treatment immediately.
One New Jersey resident is among 35 people in nine states infected with salmonella linked to eggs produced by a farm in Hyde County, N.C., according to an update by the Food & Drug Administration.
A Salmonella outbreak linked to a massive egg recall expanded last week when 12 more people reported contracting the foodborne illness after eating the popular breakfast food item. The possibly tainted eggs were distributed from the farm between January 11 and April 12. CDC recommends that people just throw the eggs away or try to return the eggs for a refund. No deaths have been reported. Most of the cases, including 11 people hospitalized, were reported in NY and Virginia.
Dozens of people in nine states have been sickened in a salmonella outbreak caused by eggs.More news: France condemns U.S. move to re-impose Iran sanctions
The CDC notes that there may be a discrepancy in those who have reported illness because it takes an average of two to four weeks for people to become ill and report about it.
Nine states have reported illnesses: Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and SC.
The recall by the CDC affects eggs that are labeled with the P-1065 plant number with the Julian date range of 011 to 102 printed on the package.
The eggs, while produced in North Carolina, are owned by Rose Farms, an in based company. This means from January 11 to April 12. For Publix and Sunups egg cartons, people should check their cartoons for plant number P-1359D and Julian date 048A or 049A with best By dates of April 2 and April 3.More news: Tornado Watch issued for half of NJ on Saturday night
Rose Acre Farms' recall is the largest involving eggs since 2010.
As noted in a report from the Tampa Patch, the salmonella outbreak was traced to eggs from Indiana-based Rose Acre Farms' Hyde County, North Carolina, farm, and were sold under a variety of brand names, including Country Daybreak, Crystal Farms, and Great Value.More news: Walmart may launch Flipkart IPO in as early as 4 years
- Repeated Rounds Of Israeli Rockets Hit Syria, Says State Media
- J&K Govt And Opposition Recommend Temporary Ceasefire Against Terrorists To Centre
- Net Neutrality rules to be repealed June 11th
- How To Turn On "Remind Me To Take A Break" On YouTube?
- Trump working with President Xi to help restart China's ZTE
- Russia Warned Iran Ahead of Israel's Extensive Strikes in Syria
- Cheetahs chase Relatives at park
- Israeli Airstrikes on Iranian Targets in Syria Kill 23, Watchdog Group Says
- Pakistan played a role in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks: Nawaz Sharif
- Korea economically if it gets rid of nuclear weapons