While many would cut their losses and merely abscond with the wallet at that point, Horton-for whatever reason-decided to go inside and join the party, leading to his capture.
Horton is being charged with grand theft, burglary and trespassing.
Bortles was attending a house party at teammate Brandon Linder's home when he noticed a man, Joseph Horton, that he didn't recognize.More news: China's Xi tells Trump that trade communication should be maintained
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles was picked without being on the field.
Blake Bortles was the one doing the intercepting during a house party this week at Jacksonville Beach.
An 18-year-old by the name of Joseph Horton found his way to the house and crashed the party. The teen nabbed the former University of Central Florida star's wallet before trying to drive off in the truck, but was foiled because the pickup was boxed in by other cars, the report said.More news: Google Updates Privacy in Front of Both EU's GDPR Establish
A subsequent review of surveillance video from Linder's security system showed a person getting into Bortles's truck and grabbing the quarterback's wallet, which was later found on the driveway. Horton got out and looked around before walking into the house. News4Jax reported that the address he gave police was of a multimillion-dollar home a few blocks away on the Intracoastal Waterway, and that neighbors said Horton lived there with his parents. The man answered "Joe" and walked upstairs.
Bortles and two of his friends held Horton under "close watch" until police arrived, according to WJXT-4. After confirming no one in the home knew Horton, the police were called.More news: Hero's Munjal, Dabur's Burman Win Battle For Hospital Chain Fortis
- Facebook Could Be Creating Its Own Cryptocurrency
- Sensex, Nifty hit highest since February 1, but market breadth remains negative
- Adding Joe Burrow to QB competition makes sense for LSU
- Mark Ingram's appeal denied, won't play Week 4 vs. Giants
- Snapchat Launches A New Redesign After Listening To Users' Feedback
- World's oldest World War II veteran celebrates 112th birthday May 11!
- Trump congratulates Republicans after a night of successful primaries
- S&P Bank ETF SPDR (KBE): Stock Price Performance (4.81%) in Focus
- Kangana Ranaut goes bold, makes heads turn at Cannes 2018
- Noteworthy Stock: Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY)