As tensions ramp up between the U.S and Iran, so will gas prices at the pump. The national average has increased 14.5 cents during the last month and stands 46.5 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago.
Gas prices are expected to continue rising. We're seeing a lot more people driving as we head into the summer season.
At $2.89 a gallon the Marathon in Hamburg has some of the highest gas prices in town.More news: Swansea To Part Company With Carlos Carvalhal At End Of Season
Pulling the US out of the Iran nuclear deal by a May 12 renewal deadline could mean reimposed sanctions against Iran and effectively take 1 million barrels of Iranian oil per day off the world market, resulting in reduced global oil supply and higher fuel prices, AAA said.
"It just really depends on what the crude oil prices do", said Angela Hoskins, with AAA."Currently they're at $68 to $70 per barrel. Also over the last couple of weeks we've seen a dip in gasoline supply, so all those things, supply and demand are playing into the market right now", he said.
Trump announced on Twitter Monday that he would making his decision on the U.S.' stance on the Iran nuclear deal 2 p.m. today at the White House.More news: 18 die, 27 hurt after 2nd West Uttar Pradesh storm
The price for Bent crude oil is at the highest level since 2014, following concerns President Trump may back out of the nuclear deal with Iran. Tensions in the Middle East is always a reason why gas prices increase, and with the US backing out of the deal, that's very much a possibility.
If you're headed to the pump Wednesday, prepare to see higher gas prices.More news: Manchester United custodian David de Gea reacts to clinching maiden Golden Glove
- Hours ahead of Karnataka polls, Congress drops 'bribery' bomb on BJP
- Jio Offer On Apple Watch Series 3: JioEverywhereConnect, Priority Delivery, Other Details
- Weekend weather may make way for Mother's Day activities
- Dutch Waylon through to Eurovision Song Contest finals
- United States stocks rally after Trump's Iran n-deal decision
- Chris Brown's Lawyer Calls $17 Million Rape Lawsuit a Shakedown
- Cryptocurrency World Is Watching South Korea & Upbit As Coins Prices Drastically Dropped
- Source Reveals Details of Erdogan, Putin Phone Call Over Iran Nuclear Deal
- Emoji Slider sticker: A fun way to interact with friends on Instagram
- A Gay Marriage Opponent Just Ousted A GOP Incumbent in North Carolina