Health Minister Oly Ilunga said seven people with the hemorrhagic fever were hospitalized in Bikoro as of Thursday.
After Congo's last Ebola flare-up, authorities there approved the use of a new experimental vaccine but in the end did not deploy it owing to logistical challenges and the relatively minor nature of the outbreak.
"We must take extra measures to make sure people are screened at all the entry points into the country", he said.
"After contact, the nurses began showing signs". "We have isolated them".More news: Leave.EU has been fined for breaking electoral rules
YEN.com.gh has revealed how the outbreak of Ebola in Congo has not just caused the death of 17 persons but also sent all countries sharing boundaries with.
The outbreak comes after the World Bank stated a year ago that Earth isn't ready for an "inevitable" pandemic, after stimulating four possible scenarios. However, those cases were not confirmed through testing.
All the cases were reported from a clinic at Ilkoko Iponge, located about 30 kilometres (20 miles) from Bikoro, where treatment capacities are limited, the World Health Organization said. All of those could be traced back to Ikoko Impenge, about 60 km away from Bikoro, except for one from the next door hamlet of Pangi. Of these, two came back to be positive for Zaire strain of Ebola virus. It said the team had already arrived in the regional capital Mbandaka, about 150 km away from the affected area.
Among the symptoms of the disease are sudden onset of fever, fatigue, muscle pain, headache, and sore throat.
At the time, CAF rescheduled matches for the African Cup of Nations involving the worst-hit nations Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.More news: Elon Musk touts new tunnel under LA in video, promises free rides
The General Manager, Corporate Affairs of the Authority, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu said all the equipment and personnel used in combatting the virus in 2014 are still very much at the airports.
The Ghana Health Service said the public must be cautious and adopt preventive measures to avoid contracting the disease.
This is the ninth outbreak of the ebola haemorrhagic fever in the country.More news: Huge Iniesta development opens door for A-League move
- Morse Asset Management Inc Takes $961000 Position in Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- Trump scraps the Iran nuclear deal
- Person detained after gun report at California high school
- Symantec tanks on word of internal investigation, disappointing fiscal 2019 outlook
- Capital & Regional (LON:CAL) Plans Dividend of GBX 1.91
- Irish hopes intact as bad weather derails Test debut
- Kenya's Patel dam bursts, sweeping away homes in Solai
- Eden Hazard gives Chelsea huge boost by revealing his future plans
- Oil near multi-year highs as Iran sanctions tighten supply outlook
- Kamloops unemployment rate almost the same year-over-year