Vinay Bansal, who is identified as the son of Arvind Kejriwal's late brother-in-law, was arrested in the morning, said ACB chief Arvind Deep. Bansal's firm had been awarded a contract to build a drainage system in northwest Delhi's Bakoli village in April 2015.
The ACB action came after filing of three cases against Bansal and senior PWD officers in connection with the corruption allegation against them. The investigations also revealed that the contract of construction was also not completed.More news: Crash Bandicoot Releasedate for Switch, Xbox Certainly, along with Personal Computer Announced
In a complaint, Rahul Sharma, founder of Roads Anti-Corruption Organis-ation (RACO), had alleged that Mr Kejriwal and PWD minister Satyendra Jain misused their office for grant of contracts to Mr Bansal.
The ACB had recorded the statement of Sharma on May 11. The FIR in the alleged PWD scam says the estimated budget for the work - which is what PWD paid - was Rs 4,90,36,843 whereas Renu Constructions submitted a bid for Rs 2,64,50,473. "His (Vinay's) father was a PWD contractor for 40 years".
"This is part of the chain of arrests against AAP MLAs", Sisodia said, adding this will be exposed in the court.More news: Vigliotti: Of primary importance - Republicans and the first primary elections
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said that for the last three years, the Delhi Police and the ACB were being used by the Lt Governor and the central government for arresting AAP leaders. "Centre and L-G are only taking one work, which is how to trouble AAP leaders", Sisodia told reporters here.
It also claimed that a third party certification of the construction was done by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee. And the work was found to be done well by the PWD as well.
The court had said that the FIR lodged in relation to the recent attack shows that there were serious threat to the security of the complainant and directed the ACB to file a status report on June 8 in this regard.More news: Processor update might make Google's Wear OS a better Apple Watch competitor
AAP's Delhi unit chief spokesperson Saurabh Bharadwaj said that it was "an attempt to malign the chief minister's image and harass his relatives". "Where is the scam?"
- Watch the Solo Red Carpet Premiere Live Stream!
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy A Star gets certified with Bluetooth 5.0 on board
- Hosted the second semifinal of "Eurovision-2018": Russian Federation didn't make the finals
- Bank of England to hold rates after data downturn
- EA Reveals Release Date for Anthem, Fifa 19 and Next Battlefield
- Arizona woman accused of stalking, sending man 65000 texts after 1 date
- Britain settles rendition case with a prominent Libyan militia leader
- NBA Western Conference Finals Odds 5/10/18 Who Do Oddsmakers Favor?
- LEADING OFF: Yanks face Boston, try for 17th win in 18 games
- Dancing and Dabbing: Thanos Gets Groovy in Fortnite