Customers can order tires on Amazon and then have them shipped to a Sears Auto Center where they can be installed when they bring in their vehicle.
Sears Holdings Corp's new deal will have it handling tire installation and balancing for Amazon customers. Under the new deal, Amazon.com will sell DieHard passenger tires as well. This includes choosing which Sears store to have the tires sent to. The recovery has yet to arrive. Last year, Amazon started selling Sears' Kenmore brand of appliances such as ovens and washing machines as well as DieHard auto batteries. Sears CEO and top shareholder Eddie Lampert conceded in a blog coinciding with the company's annual shareholder meetings on Wednesday that, "We're still not where we need to be, and Sears continues to face significant challenges in a tough retail environment". The shares were up 17.0 percent at $3.23 in afternoon trading. In December, it started selling DieHard products, including battery chargers and jump starters, and then added DieHard batteries in February. Sears also already sells its Kenmore home appliances on Amazon.More news: National Basketball Association playoffs wrap: Rockets, Warriors advance to Western Conference finals
Separately on Wednesday, the e-commerce giant said it had partnered with homebuilder Lennar to convert some of the home construction company's model homes into showrooms for Alexa.
Over the past year, Amazon has entered into partnerships with physical chains such as department store operator Kohl's Corp to sell Amazon-branded items as well as use its retail locations for picking up online orders.More news: California to vote on solar-for-all-new-homes rule
The tire sales program will begin at 47 locations in 8 cities, but Sears says it plans to "quickly expand" the service to every Auto Center around the country.
In April, it tapped electronics chain Best Buy to sell smart televisions with the capabilities of its voice aide Alexa baked in.More news: A Strategic Outlook for the Global Lithium-ion Batteries Market to 2028
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho very positive that Alex Ferguson will recover
- Deadpool mocks Infinity War with plea to protect sequel spoilers
- Yaya Toure hails eclipsing of Manchester United as City exit looms
- Afghanistan: Blasts Rock Kabul
- Syria Reports Nine Fatalities in Latest Israeli Bombing Attack
- Mormon church to end 105-year partnership with Boy Scouts
- Facebook Launches Blockchain Research Unit Headed by David Marcus
- Trump suggests yanking press credentials from 'Fake News' media
- Mental Health Week launched in North Battleford
- George Zimmerman threatened to feed private investigator to alligator