The FSB's defense attorney argued that its position was constitutional because it demanded Telegram to provide encryption keys as opposed to correspondence.More news: Bogdanovic Leads Pacers to 2-1 Series Lead
Google IP address ranges have been blacklisted by Russian authorities over the weekend as they attempt to close down all channels by which Russian citizens can download and use Telegram, the encrypted communications app.
Google's comments come on the heels of RKN itself also announcing today that it had expanded its IP blocks to Google's services.
We will remind, blocking of the messenger of Pavel Durov in Russia began on 16 April, when the representatives of Roskomnadzor began to send Russian service providers IP addresses for permanent blocking.More news: Russell Westbrook guarantees he will shut down Ricky Rubio in Game 4
Russian Federation blocked certain Google IP addresses in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Krasnoyarsk and other cities yesterday after they were added to Roskomnadozor's list of banned sites. Together with the Telegram servers, the departments listed about 18 million IP addresses of Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Digital Ocean (which the messenger used to bypass the blocking) to the forbidden sites registry. A number of other high-profile services have also been affected besides Google, from Slack and Nintendo to SoundCloud and Spotify.
Monday, Roskomnadzor said the IP addresses of Gmail, YouTube, Google Play and Google Drive were not entered in the register of blocked sites.
"Russia can't block all the things on the Internet".More news: Chelsea's FA Cup win headline an emotional Sunday
So far Telegram's cloud partners have held strong and have not taken the same route, although getting its own services blocked could see Google's resolve tested at a new level.
- Kyle Busch wins in Richmond
- Major League Baseball pitcher 'stable but in critical condition' after brain hemorrhage during game
- Pakistan condemns terror attacks in Afghanistan
- PM to visit China for summit talks with Xi
- Southwest Sends Apology, $5K, To Passengers On Damaged Jet
- American Airlines Articles, Photos, and Videos
- International Monetary Fund warns on US, China trade war
- Bomb-blast soldier gets pioneering penis transplant
- Amazon has a top-secret plan to build home robots
- Cynthia Nixon plans to join climate change march, rally