While winds of up to 65 kilometres per hour and gusts of up to 110 kilometres per hour are expected in Atlantic coastal areas between 9 am this morning and 6 o'clock tomorrow morning.
Two separate status yellow alerts - warning of heavy rainfall - remain in place for 15 counties across the country.More news: S.Korea says officials may visit N.Korea ahead of summit
'Winds strongest along Atlantic coastal counties at first but the strong winds will extend countrywide through the course of the Monday afternoon and evening'. Localised spot flooding is also possible.
From 9 am Monday until 9 am Tuesday, the forecaster predicts heavy rainfall in Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Tipperary and Waterford. Here up to 40mm is expected over the period, with the potential for higher amounts on hills and mountains.
"There will be a bit of morning rain on Wednesday, but once that clears it will dry up and start to get much milder, apart from the west coast, which will stay wet", she said.More news: Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer Prize victor
The latest good weather forecast for the middle of this week has been updated to show that temperatures could hit a year-high of 18 degrees Celsius.
But there is some good news, as the weather is set to finally turn towards the end of the week as temperatures are set to soar as high as 18C on Thursday. "Saturday will be largely dry and bright, with the best conditions appearing in the eastern half of the country".More news: Namibia: Correctional Officer Arrested in Drug Bust At Omaruru
- Inmates Killed, 17 More Injured, in South Carolina Prison Violence
- Monday is final day to register to vote in Pennsylvania primary
- Sun, Rain and Snow; Three Days of Weather!
- Bear hands ball to referee to begin Russian soccer game
- Tax return extensions can be filed online
- IDF destroys Hamas terror tunnel that was 'ready for use'
- All of Nikki Bella and John Cena's Breakup Details
- India Protests Over Pakistan Denying Consular Access to Sikh Pilgrims
- Travel delay barely alters game day routine for Winnipeg Jets
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 With Snapdragon 625 SoC, Face Unlock Heading to India