'This one is for Pat Smullen, ' he said directly after the biggest win of his career. Del Boy is a stayer and the National is four and half miles and he is a good ride who likes to lead from the front and the quicker the race the better he goes as long as the ground has a bit of give.
The Mullins-trained Pleasant Company staged a dramatic late rally, but the judge confirmed Tiger Roll the victor by a head. "It's unbelievable for Davy Russell - his father Jerry is, I'm sure, very proud watching him at home".
In the last few desperate strides the winning post arrived just in time as the pair flashed past the line together, with Tiger Roll just nicking it.
"She was a marvellous woman", said Russell. The horse is now a National victor in addition to having won three different Cheltenham Festival races.More news: Assad 'in a good mood' despite missile strikes on Syria
■ PATRICK MULLINS reflected on the "extraordinary" late charge by Pleasant Company following his narrow Grand National defeat.
'It's great for the yard, for Gigginstown (House Stud, owners), for everyone'.
Speaking to the Liverpool Echo after her win, Robyn said: "I went for the tiara as I thought that suited the dress the most".
"The Gold Cup is the Gold Cup and I've been lucky enough to win that, but the National is so hard to win". I was thinking of my mum and my kids.More news: New Castlevania Game Announced by Konami
As always, Elliott was quick to deflect praise with a special mention for Keith Donoghue, who rode the horse to Cross Country victory at the Festival but couldn't do 10st 13lbs, and Russell, his old ally of more than 20 years.
"I'm going back on the boat tonight, I can't afford Ryanair flights, but it will be some party".
He said: "It's been an unbelievable training performance from Gordon to turn him from a Triumph Hurdle victor into a National victor".
The Grand National is considered to be the most popular jumps race of the season.More news: Ulster players release statement on Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding departure
Miss Quinn said she was at the races with her family and friends and they had all entered the style contest together "for the craic".
- Thousands of Android apps are tracking children, study finds
- Facebook class action lawsuit over facial recognition OK'd by judge
- Drake Announced "Scorpion" Album & Social Media Madness Ensued
- Latest National Weather Service update on weekend storms
- Boy unearths Danish king's treasure trove in Germany
- Dark Souls: Remastered Delayed on Nintendo Switch
- Arsenal away form is 'baffling', says Wenger
- Street Fighter V new DLC character announcement, meet Falke
- Apple plans to launch the Apple Music of magazines
- Windows 10 Spring Update Delay Explained as Microsoft Releases New Build