Claiming that LeBron James and his business associates stole the idea of a video series set in a barbershop "for their own commercial gain", a MI businessman has filed a lawsuit in federal court alleging trademark infringement over James's "The Shop" Web series, which airs on the National Basketball Association star's Uninterrupted platform. That distraction is a lawsuit that's been filed against the production company run by James and his business partner, Maverick Carter, for allegedly stealing the idea for a TV show.
Adventure Enterprises claims that they pitched a program called "Shop Talk" to LeBron's company UNINTERRUPTED a few years ago.More news: India Protests Over Pakistan Denying Consular Access to Sikh Pilgrims
When Adventure Enterprises confronted James' representatives about the matter, the company received an apology and was told it was a "one-time" issue that wouldn't happen again.
According to TMZ, Adventure Enterprises is seeking an injunction to stop James and his company from producing any more episodes in addition to financial compensation.More news: Xiaomi Redmi S2 With Snapdragon 625 SoC, Face Unlock Heading to India
When Alabama released its "Bama Cuts" program recently, National Basketball Association superstar LeBron James took issue with it, saying the idea was property of his "Uninterrupted" brand. According to the letter sent by Uninterrupted, "Shop Talk" infringes upon Uninterrupted's copyright for "The Shop". Not surprisingly, the lawsuit and facts surrounding the case are being disputed.
A person close to James, meanwhile, told USA TODAY that Adventure Enterprises sought payment from the National Basketball Association icon's Uninterrupted more than eight months ago. "They clearly saw the media around the University of Alabama story and saw an opportunity for a publicity stunt".More news: All of Nikki Bella and John Cena's Breakup Details
- Low wages are causing public to lose faith in governments, International Monetary Fund warns
- Bon-Ton, owner of Younkers and other department stores, heads to liquidation
- Travel delay barely alters game day routine for Winnipeg Jets
- Trump a serial liar, says Comey
- Cambridge police officers filmed allegedly beating Harvard student Selorm Ohene
- Two weather warnings issued as wind and rain to batter Ireland
- NASA's new planet hunter launches this week to seek new worlds
- Daniels releases sketch of man in parking lot
- Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer Prize victor
- Namibia: Correctional Officer Arrested in Drug Bust At Omaruru