A few small sheds received damage.
A Tornado in Lafayette County Mississippi reached 75 miles per hour traveled a half mile.
Amherst County Administrator Dean Rodgers said about 20 homes in that county were destroyed and multiple people were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The damage forced officials to cancel classes at all schools in Guilford County.
Sgt. James Cooper with the Hanover County Sheriff's Office said early Monday afternoon that one road in the western part of the county was closed due to high water.More news: Blake Shelton Dishes About Gwen After ACMs
But the National Weather Service advised people to use caution.
In Greensboro, police said 48-year-old Anthony George of Greensboro was killed about 5:45 p.m. Sunday when a tree fell on his vehicle.
The National Weather Service on Monday said 11 suspected tornadoes touched down in Arkansas during severe weather this past weekend. If all of the damage seems to be unidirectional, all blown down in the same direction, they are likely to determine it was created by straight-line winds.
It looks to be a relatively cold storm, with up to 12 inches of snow possible at Sonora Pass on Highway 108. Thunderstorms left damage to many locations across the state. The damage path had a width of about 150 yards.More news: Thousands of Android apps are tracking children, study finds
As Minnesota began digging out from a mid-April snowstorm, one North Carolina city was cleaning up the damage Monday from a deadly tornado spawned from the same vast storm system that pushed across the US and ended with drenching rains in the Northeast. Daylight revealed a wasteland of debris in Mountainburg, with trees uprooted, roofs ripped off, and a mobile home torn from its foundation.
The NWS has the final say on whether or not the damage was tornadic in nature or was done by straight-line winds.
Farther east, a suspected EF0 tornado touched down near Oppelo in Conway County.More news: Statewide bandh in Andhra Pradesh over special category status demand
- Apple plans to launch the Apple Music of magazines
- Street Fighter V new DLC character announcement, meet Falke
- Deceased Woman's Testimony Can Be Used In Her Murder Trial, Judge Rules
- Jefferies Group LLC Set Hold Rating for Coca-Cola European Partners plc (CCE)
- Pound Rises Ahead Of UK Jobless Data
- China's trade surplus with USA rises
- Conchita Wurst reveals HIV status
- Boy unearths Danish king's treasure trove in Germany
- US rescuers find bodies of missing Keralite, daughter
- PM accuses Russian Federation and Syria of trying to cover up chemical attack