Third-placed Liverpool trail them by just a solitary point, with Spurs three points further back and it is imperative that United win their game in hand against a struggling Cherries side on Wednesday.
In his post match interview, he said: "I will tell you what I told [Pogba] after the [City] match and it's exactly what I told him - I don't expect you to be man of the match every week, I don't expect you to score two goals every week".
I think it will be huge in numbers, I don't think it will be huge in terms of quantity of players.More news: Aguero says he's recovering after knee surgery
After United lost the last-ever Manchester derby at Maine Road prior to City's move to the Etihad Stadium in 2003, Ferguson made no attempt to hide his fury with his team after the game.
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has urged his players to be more consistent next season if they are to challenge Manchester City for the title next season.
Albion certainly have Premier League-quality players, such as Jay Rodriguez, who was the match-winner at Old Trafford days after a Football Association charge of racially abusing Brighton's Gaetan Bong was found to be not proven.More news: Bomb blast outside the office of Indian consulate in Nepal
"We haven't scored enough goals and we've conceded too many goals, so that's a bad combination to have". Relaxed, stylish, one more touch, one more flick, we complicated are football since the beginning. "One of the things we have to improve is our consistency".
"So is not rotating, because rotating looks like a player that plays against Bournemouth is to give a rest to somebody that is going to play against Spurs in the semi-final".
Their squad is crammed full of wonderfully potent performers such as Juan Mata, Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, yet the Premier League table, which shows them 16 points behind City, does not lie.
"And he had a yellow card, so he was in a more hard position than others". Maybe also City will invest massively and they don't let the others close the gap to them, I don't know.More news: Bon-Ton, owner of Younkers and other department stores, heads to liquidation
- Jenna Bush Hager tearfully gives update on grandmother Barbara Bush's health
- Manchester City to avoid ban from CAS
- Watch Dogs 3 Seemingly Confirmed By Ubisoft's Personal Gaming Assistant
- Toyota promotes talking vehicle technology
- Today is the Tax deadline, how to request an extension
- NASA's new planet hunter launches this week to seek new worlds
- At least seven dead after 'mass casualty incident' at SC prison
- Cathy Yan to Direct Birds of Prey Movie
- Daniels releases sketch of man in parking lot
- Tax day freebies: Here are some of the best deals