Messages of support for former First Lady Barbara Bush are pouring in from people in ME and around the country, and now there is another to send in comments. "Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care", spokesman Jim McGrath said in a news release. The wife of former President George H.W. Bush and mother of former President George W. Bush suffers from congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. They affectionately call her "Ganny".
"Like a lawyer building her case, Ganny recited my every unsportsmanlike infraction, from lifting my skirt to the cheers I had chosen to yell in the heat of the moment", Bush Hager wrote. The pearls became synonymous with Bush, who later said she selected them to hide the wrinkles in her neck.
Jenna Bush Hager tearfully gives update on grandmother Barbara Bush's health
Jenna Bush Hager added that the former first lady is "surrounded by family".
"She'll always be known and revered as the First Lady of literacy", said Julie Finck, president of the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation.More news: IDF destroys Hamas terror tunnel that was 'ready for use'
"That's great. Bet she's proud of you", the First Lady answered. "We're grateful for her, for everybody's prayers and thoughts, and just know the world is better because she's in it".
George and Barbara have six children together and the family moved to Midland, Texas where her husband entered politics.More news: Popovich: LaMarcus 'Has Been A Monster' And 'Plays Through Everything'
After the news of her failing health, the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy have created a page where fans can leave their well wishes for the Bush family.More news: J. Cole Announces Mysterious 'First Come First Serve' Event
- LeBron James' Uninterrupted Sued Over Barber Shop Video
- Low wages are causing public to lose faith in governments, International Monetary Fund warns
- Watch Dogs 3 Seemingly Confirmed By Ubisoft's Personal Gaming Assistant
- Irish country music legend Big Tom McBride dies aged 81
- Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer Prize victor
- Chelsea star Alonso charged by FA
- Manchester City to avoid ban from CAS
- Two weather warnings issued as wind and rain to batter Ireland
- Cathy Yan to Direct Birds of Prey Movie
- NFL Mock Draft: Buffalo Bills trade it all for a top quarterback