Discovered by a 13-year-old boy and his teacher, the find consists of necklaces, pearls, brooches, bracelets, rings and up to 600 silver coins - and some of the treasure has been linked to a famous king who lived over 1,000 years ago. They reported their notice into any off ice and after led to the sweep performed from the team of authorities.
The site of the treasure trove, Schaprode, is near where a 16-piece gold hoard dating from Bluetooth's reign was found in the 19th century.
In January, teenager Luca Malaschnitschenko and René Schoen found a silver coin in a field near the village of Schaprode.More news: Windows 10 Spring Update Delay Explained as Microsoft Releases New Build
The State Office requested the pair keep their find under wraps to allow time for excavation.
The discoverers of the treasure belong to about 150 active volunteer in the German state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, who in their spare time with metal detectors and Global Positioning System devices run over the fields in the northeast stripe. The oldest coin, a Damascus dirham, dates to 714 CE, and the newest is a penny from 983 CE.
The find suggests that the treasure may have been buried in the late 980s, when Bluetooth fled to Pomerania - an area that today straddles parts of northeast Germany and western Poland - after losing a battle against his son, Sweyn Forkbeard.More news: Thousands of Android apps are tracking children, study finds
Gormsson was one of the last Viking kings of Denmark and became popular for bringing Christianity to the country.
"We have here a rare case, when a discovery seems to be related to historical sources", says the chief archaeologist of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Detlef Jantzen.
Bluetooth was said to be a good networker and communicator, which is why he shot to posthumous fame by serving as a project name for the wireless technology, which eventually stuck. This is because of his impeccable communication skills which helped him unite modern-day Norway, Germany, Sweden and Denmark. It is also dated to the reign of Harald Bluetooth.More news: Drake Announced "Scorpion" Album & Social Media Madness Ensued
- Dark Souls: Remastered Delayed on Nintendo Switch
- Alleged racist chanting during Russia v France to be investigated by Fifa
- Street Fighter V new DLC character announcement, meet Falke
- Conchita Wurst reveals HIV status
- Arsenal away form is 'baffling', says Wenger
- Multiply Your Income Using Technical Report of: Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA)
- US rescuers find bodies of missing Keralite, daughter
- Facebook responds to how it collects data when you are logged out
- Ford Performance launched in Australia
- PM accuses Russian Federation and Syria of trying to cover up chemical attack