Matt Ritchie's 68th-minute goal earned the Magpies their fourth straight league win and put them on 41 points with five games remaining, 13 clear of relegation.
The Frenchman pointed to the fatigue felt by his players after they travelled back from a UEFA Europa League clash with CSKA Moscow on Thursday, "but losing like this is a worry characterwise", he added. Are they not in desperate need of a general to deliver some home truths about their soft underbelly and actually start to look as though they have some semblance of a game plan again?More news: RAW: Superstar Shakeup Brings New Faces, Loses Miz
Newcastle midfielder Mo Diame slipped and gifted the ball to Lacazette who darted forward before picking out Willock, but the opportunity for a strike on goal sailed by while the teenager was trying to work out which foot to use.
There have always been calls for Arsene Wenger to be sacked or resign from the London club after managing for over 20 years.
The Gabon global shared a hug with Ayoze Perez, scorer of Newcastle's equaliser, but his interaction with the matchwinner didn't go so well.More news: Boy unearths Danish king's treasure trove in Germany
Arsenal only had a few moments to be proud of against Newcastle United, and those moments were spread pretty far apart.
Newcastle passed the 40-point mark and all but secured their Premier League future by beating Arsenal, whose awful away record in 2018 continued.
Wenger's side took an early lead through Alexandre Lacazette, but Ayoze Perez equalised before Matt Ritchie bagged the second half victor at St James' Park on Sunday.More news: PM accuses Russian Federation and Syria of trying to cover up chemical attack
Asked by Spanish radio if he saw himself at Newcastle for many more seasons, Benitez said: 'Yes, in principal we are relaxed. We had 70 per cent of the ball, had been 1-Zero up and in the long run, you lose 2-1 and also you surprise how one can lose this sport.
- Statewide bandh in Andhra Pradesh over special category status demand
- Deceased Woman's Testimony Can Be Used In Her Murder Trial, Judge Rules
- 'Stratospheric offer' - Both PSG & Man United keen on Casemiro from Real Madrid
- Jefferies Group LLC Set Hold Rating for Coca-Cola European Partners plc (CCE)
- Drake Announced "Scorpion" Album & Social Media Madness Ensued
- US rescuers find bodies of missing Keralite, daughter
- Lamar Odom Responds to Kanye West's Touching Tweet
- Conchita Wurst reveals HIV status
- Twitter down? 'Something is technically wrong,' site says
- Latest National Weather Service update on weekend storms