Last year, AMD has made a statement with the reveal of the Ryzen processors - the chipmaker is back in the game. As reported by Engadget, the second generation AMD Ryzen CPUs will provide a slight improvement over its predecessors, which will in turn give a better value for those who are just starting out and those who want to upgrade their systems.
There's also 2 new Ryzen 5 CPUs that were launched alongside the Ryzen 7 CPUs.
The Ryzen 7 2700X that comes at Rs 24,490 (priced at $329 in US) has 8 cores, 16 threads and a base clock speed of 3.7GHz with a max boost to 4.3GHz. The base clock speed has been increased to 3.7 GHz from 3.6 GHz, while the boost speed has jumped from 4 GHz to 4.3 GHz. We know their prices, performance ratings, clock speeds and thread counts.More news: RAW: Superstar Shakeup Brings New Faces, Loses Miz
AMD has had a great year with the launch new CPU and GPU lineup, in 2017. The new model is also competitively priced to go against Intel's Core i7-8700K, which is being sold for around $350.
The AMD Ryzen 7 2600X appears have to clocked in at a slightly lower 5.882GHz, which is still impressive nonetheless given that this CPU is only meant to achieve 4.2GHz on a single-core. The particular CPU is a direct competitor to Intel's Core i5-8500.
A PC enthusiast named TSAIK posted two CPU-Z reports detailing the overclocking potential of the Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X with liquid-nitrogen.More news: Street Fighter V new DLC character announcement, meet Falke
AMD also announced a new X470 chipset, though the new processors are compatible with existing socket AM4 motherboards as well (with a BIOS update).
AMD is including a free Wraith cooler with every chip, due to popular demand. The processor has a 95 W TDP and can be cooled by the Wraith Spire cooler, included in the box.
The Ryzen 7 2700X is priced at Dollars 329 (INR 21,452), whereas the Ryzen 7 2700 is priced at USD 299 (INR 19,496).More news: Critically endangered western lowland gorilla born in Smithsonian zoo
AMD Ryzen 2000 CPUs and APUs are just a few days away from launch, however, before these CPUs could get released benchmarks for Ryzen 2000 have started to pour in and one such gaming benchmark for AMD Ryzen 7 2700X has popped up online.
- Tamil Nadu: Professor detained for 'luring' students, government orders high-powered inquiry
- Nasa all set to launch new planet hunting mission TESS
- CWG organisers apologise for not including athletes during the 'shameful' closing ceremony
- Salah Prefers Champions League To Golden Boot
- Democrats' midterm advantage narrows in new poll
- PM accuses Russian Federation and Syria of trying to cover up chemical attack
- Stoke boss Lambert frustrated after West Ham 'blow'
- Britain braces for possible Russian retaliation over Syria strikes
- Facebook responds to how it collects data when you are logged out
- Bodies of missing man, child found in submerged SUV