"She never gave him an ultimatum", says the source. It appears the decision came due to Nikki Bella deciding to end things, based on sources confirmed in a new report.
John Cena and Nikki Bella had been in a romantic relationship for more than six years now, and they got engaged on the grandest stage last year when John Cena proposed to Nikki after their match against The Miz and Maryse at WrestleMania 33.
In a statement published on Instagram by Nikki on 15 April, the couple announced their split. "Love is beautiful, but we've had to come to the realization after being together for five years that love is not easy", he said.
In the past the 40-year-old admitted that he did not want to get married again - he was previously married to Elizabeth Huberdeau from 2009 until 2012 - but he still proposed to Nikki, 34, in April 2017.More news: Dark Souls: Remastered Delayed on Nintendo Switch
"While this decision was a hard one, we continue to have a deal of love and respect for one another", the former couple announced their split in a joint statement on Sunday, April 15.
The source added that Bella is "heartbroken".
The professional wrestling couple were just weeks away from tying the knot on their May 5 wedding date after getting engaged during Wrestlemania 33 in April previous year, but they have now revealed they are going their separate ways. You can read what he had to say down below.
Cena and Bella's relationship have been documented for the popular E! reality shows Total Divas and Total Bellas. "I feel like I'd be missing out".More news: Sun, Rain and Snow; Three Days of Weather!
"He was making it abundantly clear that he was going into this gritting his teeth the whole way". News. "We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives".
The couple even had a different stance on marriage and having kids and it was Bella who "pulled the plug on their wedding", PEOPLE reported citing sources.
'Stranger things have happened my friend, ' he said, as we proceeded to lose ourselves over the potential.More news: Multiply Your Income Using Technical Report of: Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA)
- India Protests Over Pakistan Denying Consular Access to Sikh Pilgrims
- Tiger Roll wins Grand National in thrilling finish
- China's trade surplus with USA rises
- Thousands of Android apps are tracking children, study finds
- Boy unearths Danish king's treasure trove in Germany
- EPS for Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDS.A) forecasted at $1.10
- Ulster players release statement on Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding departure
- Assad 'in a good mood' despite missile strikes on Syria
- Trump refuses to give timeline for Syria intervention
- New Castlevania Game Announced by Konami