Aguero, meanwhile, is relieved that there will be no nerve-jangling at City this season after wrapping up the Premier League title with five games to spare.
With their triumph has come plenty of congratulations, none so more than from Etisalat, a UAE telecommunications operator.
He's obviously going to work hard in a bid to be fully fit in time for the World Cup, however.More news: Trump a serial liar, says Comey
"If you're feeling like a victor, stomp your feet!"
"Recovering from an arthroscopy on my knee", the striker tweeted on Tuesday morning.
City's season finishes on May 13 away at Southampton, while Argentina's first game at the World Cup is against Iceland on June 16. He didn't give a timescale for his return, saying only he is "fully motivated to get back soon to the field".More news: Daniels releases sketch of man in parking lot
"We have scored great goals, played fantastic football and learned together under Pep", the Argentina star said.
Having seen City win the Premier League with five games to spare at the weekend, the 29-year-old chose to have the operation immediately in order to give him enough time to recover ahead of the tournament.
Aguero, 29, has been struggling with a right knee injury and hasn't started a game since City's win against Chelsea on March 4 and made a brief substitute appearance in the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal second leg defeat against Liverpool after being caught with a heavy challenge by Ashley Young in the Manchester derby after coming on as a sub.More news: Two weather warnings issued as wind and rain to batter Ireland
- India Protests Over Pakistan Denying Consular Access to Sikh Pilgrims
- Namibia: Correctional Officer Arrested in Drug Bust At Omaruru
- J. Cole Announces Mysterious 'First Come First Serve' Event
- Inmates Killed, 17 More Injured, in South Carolina Prison Violence
- All of Nikki Bella and John Cena's Breakup Details
- LeBron James' Uninterrupted Sued Over Barber Shop Video
- Monday is final day to register to vote in Pennsylvania primary
- Kelly 'Sex Cult' Accuser Claims Singer Infected Her with STD
- Trump refuses to give timeline for Syria intervention
- NASA's new planet hunter launches this week to seek new worlds