However, as the former president performs relatively poorly in populous countries like China (7th) and Russian Federation (12th), Gates, who places in the top four in every country listed, takes the top spot.
Russian president Vladimir Putin was 6way ahead of U.S. president Donald Trump who was named the 17 most admirable man in the world.
The news comes after London-based market research company YouGov surveyed a total of 37,000 people across 35 countries before compiling two separate lists detailing the 20 most admired men and women. The women's list features celebrities out of which Angelina Jolie and Emma Watson are known for their humanitarian work. Former President Barack Obama was ranked the number one most admired man in the United States, with 24 percent of the votes.More news: It Sequel Looking to Cast James McAvoy and Bill Hader
The global market research and data analytics firm interviewed more than 37,000 people in 35 countries to compile the list.
A YouGov poll reveals the world's most admired people in the world in 2018 and President Donald Trump may not appreciate where he was ranked in this year's survey.
The list also features some of the sports personalities such as Elon Musk, Christiano Ronaldo, Warren Buffet, Lionel Messi and David Beckham.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump at the G-20 Summit last July.More news: Some Android phone makers have lied about having fully update security patches
United States president Barack Obama, actor Jackie Chan and Chinese president Xi Jinping, Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey along with actors Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone were among those featured on the list.
The male list was full of men from different political, business and sporting backgrounds.
In December, 2017 YouGov gathered open-ended nominations from panellists across 35 countries, asking them simply: "Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?". Obama also was far more admired than the 45th president among respondents in 15 other countries. Also experiencing noticeable boosts are American singer Taylor Swift (from 14th to ninth) and Chinese business magnate Jack Ma (from 10th to fifth).More news: Mice ate missing drugs, say fired police
- Wendy Vitter refuses comment on school desegregation opinion
- Bank of America Corporation Reaffirms Purchase Rating for Amazon.com, Inc
- Coli outbreak that has reached Ohio, Pennsylvania
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer says Michael Cohen is planning to plead the Fifth
- Arsenal and Atletico Madrid escape to advance to Europa League semis
- Pedro Martinez Weighs In On Red Sox-Yankees Brawl On Twitter
- Marvel's Jessica Jones renewed for third season
- Getting into Hawaii's national parks will soon cost you more
- Drake & Ninja Play Another Round of 'Fortnite' on Twitch, Ninja Wins $5000
- #GC2018: Authorities disappointed as Cameroonian athletes disappear