The $12.99-a-month subscription bundle combines Spotify Premium with Hulu's Limited Commercials service giving subscribers access to ad-free music streaming and a video streaming library of over 75,000 TV shows and movies.More news: Peterborough's Faith Dickinson has been invited to the Royal Wedding
Spotify and Hulu are joining forces in an attempt to draw more subscribers to their platforms. With this joint subscription offering, undergraduate students enrolled in a US Title IV accredited college or university - who already have a Spotify Premium for Students subscription - can access both Premium and Limited Commercials for $4.99.
Following last years successful launch of the Spotify Premium for Students, now with Hulu bundle, the brands are expanding their original partnership, this time to offer entertainment fans nationwide an affordable, all you can stream bundle of their own. Alex Norstrom, a Spotify executive, said in a statement Wednesday that the bundled package was "incredibly well received".More news: Israel comes to a halt to remember Holocaust victims
If you want to get it on the bundle deal, you have until this summer to sign up.
Spotify is not in danger of losing the first place in this race as it has 71 million premium subscribers and 159 million free users around the world. They'll be able to try out the Hulu subscription for $10.99 - just one dollar more per month. Hulu is the only streaming service that offers both ad-supported and commercial-free current season shows from the largest US broadcast networks; libraries of hit TV series and films; and acclaimed Hulu Originals including Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning series The Handmaids Tale, The Looming Tower, Future Man, Marvels Runaways, 11.22.63, The Path, Casual, as well as upcoming series Castle Rock and The First. Loudr will add a team of publishing specialists and technologists to the company, which may aid the streaming service in navigating conflicts with artists over pay. Meanwhile, Hulu has lagged behind rival Netflix, which has more than 85 million subscribers.More news: British Airways owner IAG considers takeover of Norwegian
- A Pakistani singer killed for not standing up while singing
- New Chelsea signing already considering his future at the club
- Donald Trump's threat to strike Syria carries peril
- Taliban attacks government compound in Afghanistan, 18 killed
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied denied United States entry over wrong visa
- Night Owls Beware: Late Risers Have Increased Risk Of Early Death
- Disney must buy Sky UK if Fox's takeover fails rules competition authority
- Freezing rain, big warmup in forecast as ice storm lurks
- Commonwealth Games: Indian men's hockey team face New Zealand in semifinals
- United States still assessing intelligence on Syria chemical attack