Back in 2013 California passed a bill for starting to allow the testing of digital license plates, and they started to roll out at the start of this year.
The concept of automobile license plates has not changed much ever since the invention of the vehicle itself more than a century back, however, digital license plates have been a lot in talks in present years.
The head of Dubai's Vehicle Licensing Department said the plates will alert police and ambulances if a auto is in an accident, and allows driver-to-driver communication about hazards in the road or other traffic conditions.
Sultan Abdullah al-Marzouqi, head of the RTA's Vehicle Licensing Department, said the plates will contact police and ambulance services if the vehicle is involved in a collision and allows real-time communication with other drivers about traffic and accidents.
Soon the wired smart plates will replace the existing metal ones and vehicles will have digital screens equipped with Global Positioning System, transmitters and a microprocessor chip, reported Gulf News.Читайте также: Arenado charges mound, benches clear at Rockies, Padres game
The T2C plate will be tied to a driver's license account, enabling payment of vehicle registration or fines without requiring a physical visit to a government office. He added that the initiative will also work out any potential technological glitches caused by city's desert climate.
The small digital panel can also update with a message if necessary to alert or warn other drivers about changing conditions. "All this information will be connected to the central command system of the RTA".
The final cost of the project is said only to be known after it finishes in November.
The city is also planning high-speed Hyperloop pods to open by 2020 that would transport passengers to the UAE's capital Abu Dhabi in just 12 minutes, a distance of over 120km (75 miles).При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Trump Warns Russia US Missiles 'Will Be Coming' to Syria
- Red Dead Redemption looks unbelievable on an Xbox One X
- British Facebook users notified about what happened to their data
- Franklin Resources, Inc. (BEN) Shares Bought by Gotham Asset Management LLC
- Master of golf's new order
- You Need To Know About DowDuPont Inc. (DWDP)
- FTC Warns Manufacturers: Reconsider Those 'Warranty Seal' Stickers
- Michael Cohen Speaks Out After FBI Raid
- Syria Prepares for US Missile Strike
- Texas Permanent School Fund Has $41.31 Million Holdings in General Electric (GE)