A U.S. report stated that the former Governor of California had the surgery in Los Angeles on Thursday.
The actor's spokesman, Daniel Ketchell said that the actor is rapidly responding to treatment.
He wrote: "Yesterday, Governor Schwarzenegger underwent a planned procedure at Cedars-Sinai to replace a pulmonic valve that was originally replaced due to a congenital heart defect in 1997".More news: Vermont Senate to take up major gun legislation Friday
"Schwarzenegger is awake and his first words were actually "I'm back", so he is in good spirits", Ketchell tweeted. Complications with the procedure ensued and doctors were obliged to perform emergency surgery on the actor.
The valve had simply reached the end of its "life expectancy" of 10-15 years and needed to be swapped out for a less invasive catheter valve.More news: Man in critical condition after West Oakland stabbing; suspect arrested
"Schwarzenegger's pulmonic valve was successfully replaced and he is now recovering from the surgery and is in stable condition". Over the past year, Schwarzenegger has emerged as a vocal opponent of Donald Trump, publicly criticizing the president's decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement and lambasting the president's equivocation after violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, killed a counterprotester. "All of a sudden, in the middle of the night, I started getting less and less air and I have problems breathing".
Schwarzenegger served as California governor from 2003 to 2011.More news: 4 things to know about new Jets running back Thomas Rawls
- Lawyer in Flowood Officer-Involved Shooting Wants Video, Answers
- Vince, Stoneman stonewall New Zealand
- Erdogan calls Netanyahu 'terrorist, occupier' over Gaza carnage
- Let's Play Two Baseball Tournament roundup: Potomac wins first title since 2009
- Snap lays off another 100 employees
- Expedia, Inc. (EXPE) : Investors watching Analysts Rating
- Toyota, Suzuki Supply Cars to Each Other
- Sister Jean consoles Loyola players after Cinderella season ends in Final Four
- State lawmakers approve $168 billion budget
- Calls for Gaza investigation