Union Minister of State for Home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir said Google had submitted a proposal on the Google Street View for the government's permission in July 2015. And their latest idea was to provide a street view to explore cities, tourist spots, hills and river through a 360-degree panoramic imagery.
In a written statement, Ahir said, "The government has not agreed to the proposal". But in India, the application was initially permitted in a handful of locations.More news: Apple updates 9.7-inch iPad with lower price, targets education market
Google Street View, which has been trying to enter Indian market for a long time was denied permission by the Indian government for the second time.
This isn't the first time Google has face severe opposition from the government over street view.
Google revealed the new language upgrade on Tuesday, which includes native support for languages which are less commonly spoken worldwide in comparison to English, Spanish, and French, among others. Local authorities put a stop to activities citing security reasons. Google had then launched the Street View for some major showplaces like Varanasi river bank, Mysore Palace, Nalanda University, Chinnaswamy stadium, Thanjavur temple along with the Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar and Red Fort.More news: Anna Hazare ends strike after meeting CM Fadnavis
Could Street View be a tool for terrorist reconnaissance?A more recent attack on the Pathankot airbase past year was also plotted out after similar photographic recce. Google had schemed to cover most parts of India through Street View so users from anywhere would be able to explore natural wonders, landmarks, monuments, parks, and museums while seated on their couch.
The fact that Google's online maps shows many of India's defence installations, nuclear power plants and other "sensitive" installations have been a cause for concern among the country's security community.
However, in 2013, geospatial solutions company Genesys International Corporation Ltd tied up with ministry of tourism to provide digital walkthroughs in 54 Indian cities.More news: Local Vietnam Veterans Honored In Special Ceremony
More on an individual level, but Google Street View can be potentially used to stalk a person and learn all about where they live and details of areas surrounding them. It has operations in the U.S., the UK, Europe and the UAE.
- Is Ranbir Kapoor The Reason For Alia Bhatt And Katrina Kaif Feud?
- Ex-Russian spy's daughter 'improving rapidly'
- Trump gives many Liberians a year to quit US
- Ireland Sets Date For Controversial Abortion Referendum
- MCD) — McDonald's Corporation (NYSE
- On March 28-29 analysts noticed Blackmoon Crypto (BMC) decline by -2.87%
- Oklahoma approves teacher pay increase while Arizona educators rally
- Russian Federation retaliates, expels 60 American diplomats after United States action
- Stormy Daniels files motion to have Trump testify about alleged relationship
- IPhone X vs Asus Zenfone 5: The Doppelgangers