As part of the budget, Cuomo and the legislative leaders are crafting a new anti-sexual harassment policy for the state.
Nixon, who last week declared a run against Cuomo, brought up all her campaign's touch points: She spoke of the recent corruption conviction of longtime Cuomo confidante Joseph Percoco, the impending pay-to-play bribery case involving the Buffalo Billion and other economic development efforts of the Cuomo administration and for what she characterized as Cuomo's coziness with "Trump Republicans" in the state Senate and their alliance with a breakaway group of Senate Democrats.More news: Johnny Manziel's potential National Football League landing spots: Eight team fits
De Blasio and his administration have dismissed Cuomo's criticism as political opportunism. "If the Democratic Party is going to stand for what it says it's going to stand for, we have to, as you say, not just call on African-Americans when it's election time and then forget about them the rest of the time".
"Instead of lying about the facts to feed his political obsession, the Governor should give NYCHA tenants the money he has promised and refuses to deliver", spokeswoman Jaclyn Rothenberg added. He also shared painful stories of his father's depression as his health failed in the final months of his life.
Cuomo is facing a re-election challenge from Sex and the City star and fellow Democrat Cynthia Nixon.More news: Taking a swing at the Toyota Prius in New York — Honda Insight
While speaking, Cuomo also played up his progressive bonafides and talked about the widening gap between the city's rich and poor. In 2016, he announced an education plan for prisoners during a visit to the church.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo got into a back-and-forth with a female reporter Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017, over how to address sexual-harassment allegations in government and elsewhere. And he blasted the city on its slow timeline to shutter Rikers Island.
On Sunday, the editor in chief of Glamour magazine tweeted she signed up the Democratic governor for a subscription after he said he doesn't read the magazine when he was asked to comment about Cynthia Nixon's interview in it.More news: Meet the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4: Lifted and loaded
"The blunt truth is that Andrew Cuomo has a [nearly] $31 million war chest, and he is famously vengeful", she said.
- Stephon Clark's Grandmother To Police: "Y'all Didn't Have To Do That"
- Exciting tearaway pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi gets maiden call-up from Pakistan
- Matt Renshaw added to Australia squad as ball-tampering saga gathers storm
- IPhone X Successor May Have an OLED Display with 5.85-inch Screen
- At least 48 dead in massive Russian mall fire, report says
- Drama at JKIA: Miguna's arrival and dramatic standoff in photos
- Strong debut for Chinese oil futures
- Oakland A's want to buy Coliseum site
- Michigan State official who oversaw Larry Nassar arrested: sheriff
- Harford student recalls 'powerful' and 'emotional' March for Our Lives in DC