At Padubidre, Gandhi accused the prime minister of favouring big businesses by waiving their loans while ignoring farmers.
"BJP people talk about dharma, but wherever they go, they divide people by pitting one against the other". It has taken years of time, sweat and blood of common people.
No single person can take a country forward, he noted.More news: Stephen Hawking and Sir Isaac Newton to be side-by-side
In his third visit to the state after taking over as party chief, the Gandhi scion began the day by meeting block Congress chiefs as well as senior leaders of the state.
Udupi, Dakshina Kannada, Chikkamagaluru, which have a strong BJP presence, and Hassan, the home district of former prime minister and Janata Dal (Secular) supremo H D Deve Gowda, are on his itinerary.
Addressing another rally in the port city of Mangaluru, Gandhi said since Modi had only one year left, he should focus on generating employment to fulfill his promise of providing 2 crore jobs during his tenure.
Two days after using Mahabharata analogy at the Congress plenary where he had said while BJP was like Kauravas, who fought for power, the Congress, as Pandavas did, battled for truth, Gandhi today again invoked the epic battle to portray the present situation. "You speak about Basavanna and Narayana Guru, then why do you differentiate between rich and poor?" he said.More news: Primary election attracting low turnout
During the day, Gandhi had interacted with the fishermen community in Udupi and also visited temples and churches in the coastal region.
Rahul will visit a temple, a church and a shrine; his itinerary seems to have been created to re-affirm syncretism in the political ideology of Congress party.
The AICC Chief would have direct communication with the party workers in the programme to be held for 24 of the assembly segments of the State.More news: Kyrie Irving May Need Screws Surgically Removed From Knee, Seeking Second Opinion
- Itel launches S42, A44 budget smartphones with full screen displays in India
- In 2G case, CBI moves Delhi HC over acquittal
- Celtics' Kyrie Irving Getting Second Opinion On Knee
- World Bank aims to ensure no surge in climate migration
- National Football League competition committee is changing catch rule/replay process
- Daniel Bryan Makes Statement on WWE In-Ring Return
- Samsung Updates The Galaxy S8 To A Less-Old Version Of Android
- Philippines withdrawal from ICC will not stop inquiry into killings
- Trump EO Bars US Purchases of Venezuelan Petro
- McDonald's pledges to cut greenhouse gas emissions 36%