The Vikings solidified their backup quarterback spot shortly after signing Kirk Cousins by trading with the Broncos for Trevor Siemian. The Vikings sent a 2019 fifth-round draft pick to the Broncos for Siemian and a 2018 seventh-round draft choice.
After being Denver's primary starter the past two seasons but struggling a year ago, it was unlikely Siemian would land anywhere as an immediate starter after being put on the trading block. Denver raced out to a 6-2 start that season but faltered late in the year, and Siemian was hampered by several injuries. In the Broncos situation, they signed former Vikings star Case Keenum to be their quarterback instead.
He's 13-11 as a starting quarterback.More news: Supreme Court mulls California law on anti-abortion facilities
"I'm here for Kirk".
Siemian was a seventh-round selection by the Broncos.
The Vikings announced the deal, which was agreed to last week, on Monday. He has 5,685 total passing yards with 30 touchdowns and has completed 59.3 percent of his passes.More news: Triple Talaq Bill a conspiracy against Muslims: Chandrababu Naidu
Keenum had been 9-15 in the National Football League as a starter when he signed with the Vikings. "I'm here for these guys, and I want to win a bunch of games here", Siemian said. "Now that's the Denver Broncos - John Elway, Gary Kubiak, Vance Joseph, the offensive staff - I play to prove those people right and my family, coaches I've had all along the way, more than I do to prove people wrong or people who have doubted me".
"There's a lot of places you could go".More news: Prince William Knights Ringo Starr
- Ex-Playmate Sues Tabloid Publisher for Burying Trump Story
- Michael Cohen Taunts Stormy Daniels Over Lawsuit
- Race 3: Salman Khan slays as Sikander in this character poster
- LeBron punctuates 40-point triple-double with fury
- Instagram rolls out in-app shopping feature to Canadian users
- United Kingdom investigating reports of military plane crash at Welsh base
- Naidu wants industrial incentives along with special status
- Another New Football League Says It Will Start Play in 2019
- Phillip Schofield: Ant McPartlin must take responsibility for his actions
- United Airlines Suspends Pet Cargo Program After Mishaps