"For example, showcasing lipstick products, because we had the exact boundary of the lips".
The Paris-based beauty behemoth, whose 34 brands include Maybelline and Lancome as well as its namesake beauty products line, did not disclose financial terms of the acquisition.
In a March 16 news release, the Clichy, France-based company said that its acquisition of ModiFace, which it called "an internationally recognized leader in augmented reality and artificial intelligence applied to the beauty industry", would contribute to a digital acceleration strategy aimed at providing L'Oreal's 34 worldwide brands with "the most innovative technologies in terms of services and beauty experience".More news: 0 for 16? These bracket stats are awesome (and sad)
Modiface's software allows users to see their faces transformed in real time as they experiment combining blushes and eyeshadow, turning smartphone cameras into mirrors to predict how products will look on their own skin.
This acquisition is in line with L'Oréal's digital acceleration strategy to provide the group's 34 global brands with the most innovative technologies in terms of services and beauty experience, the company said in a statement.
ModiFace will become part of L'Oréal's digital services arm, Digital Services Factory, and collaborate with one of the corporate's R&D units, Advanced Research.More news: Dior Confirms Kim Jones as Men's Wear Artistic Director
In addition to beauty brands, ModiFace is also being used by the likes of Samsung, which has equipped its newest Galaxy S9 smartphones with its augmented reality technology.
ModiFace has not confirmed previous funding rounds.More news: Westbrook, Thunder end Raptors' win streak
- Tucker Blasts 'Third-World Nonsense' Surrounding Andrew McCabe's Firing
- Selena Gomez Was Spotted Chilling On A Yacht At Sydney Harbour
- Rabada cleared to play third Test vs Australia
- Indians held hostage by ISIL in Mosul dead, FM says
- HTC Vive Pro to arrive in April at $799
- NVIDIA announces the RTX ray-tracing technology
- Jonathan Martin Has Warrant for Arrest; Issued 5 Criminal Charges
- Stalin detained for protesting VHP's Ram Rajya Rath Yatra
- Education Realty Trust, Inc. (EDR) Shares Bought by Commerce Bank
- Direct Line Insurance Group (DLG) Receives "Buy" Rating from Investec