On Monday's broadcast of MSNBC's "All In", Representative Ted Lieu (D-CA) stated he believes there would be "widespread civil unrest" in the form of protests, marches, rallies, and sit-ins if President Trump fired Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
"I can't see any conceivable reason why the president would even consider firing Mueller", Dershowitz told Fox News's Sandra Smith in an interview Tuesday.
"If he were to do it, and he were to be able to grasp onto any little bit, any little bit of misconduct by that office, then I think he could get away with it", he said.More news: Spirited Bangladesh praised after India near-miss
On Saturday, Trump tweeted: "The Mueller probe should never have been started in that there was no collusion and there was no crime".
Trump has indicated in the past that he's willing to be interviewed by Mueller.
Dershowitz argued that there should have been a nonpartisan special investigation committee within Congress to look into Russian Federation trying to influence the 2016 election "instead of starting out with finger-pointing and trying to criminalize political differences behind the closed doors of a Grand Jury".More news: Francis Ngannou Wants to Welcome Brock Lesnar Back to the UFC
"Why does the Mueller team have 13 hardened Democrats, some big Crooked Hillary supporters, and Zero Republicans?"
Gingrich said that the president's attacks on Mueller are doing him harm.
White House special counsel Ty Cobb emphasized in a statement Sunday night that Trump is not considering firing Mueller. "That would be the ideal place for them to deal with it".More news: 'WE WANT TO CHANGE DIFFICULT SITUATION' - Chelsea cup hero issues rallying call
- Direct Line Insurance Group (DLG) Receives "Buy" Rating from Investec
- New Trailer Released For Sicario: Day of the Soldado
- No offers for 'happy' Alisson - Roma chief Monchi
- 0 for 16? These bracket stats are awesome (and sad)
- Yemen Vote in Senate, Russia Meddling Add to US-Saudi Summit Intrigue
- Blink-182 to kick off Las Vegas residency May 26
- Dapchi abduction: Security forces allowed Boko Haram to abduct schoolgirls - Amnesty
- Violet Bakery To Make Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Wedding Cake
- NVIDIA announces the RTX ray-tracing technology
- New York Giants sign WR Cody Latimer, obtain three others