Terms of the trade were not disclosed.
New England now has a plethora of speed with Patterson joining Brandin Cooks and Phillip Dorsett.More news: A Huge UFC Upset As Volkov Knocks Out Werdum In London
Drafted in 2013 by the Vikings, Patterson had 309 receiving yards and 121 rushing yards previous year.
Rapoport says the Patriots will trade a fifth round pick to Oakland in exchange for Patterson and a sixth round pick in this years draft. But over the course of his career, he has been perhaps the NFL's most risky kick returner.
Cordarrelle Patterson of the Oakland Raiders scores on a 43-yard touchdown run against the New York Jets at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on September 17, 2017 in Oakland, California. Ironically enough, the Vikings actually traded with the Patriots for the rights to that pick. That said, the Patriots will likely look for other options in free agency and the draft to add to the wide receiver position.More news: Snyder does Ohio State proud
Despite a poor quarterback situation, Patterson finished his rookie year with 45 receptions for 469 yards and four touchdowns. Patterson took home First-Team All-Pro honors while also earning his first Pro Bowl nomination.
Despite not developing much as a receiving, Patterson's teams have worked him into the offense as a runner as well.
He led the National Football League in kick return average in 2013, 2015, and 2016, topping 30 yards per return each season. He's received double-digit rushing attempts in three of his five seasons.More news: Driver student sets new RCSC record at regional spelling bee
- Ireland beat arch-enemy England to complete Grand Slam
- Voting underway in Russian Federation presidential election
- Liverpool's Salah 'on his way' to Messi comparisons: Klopp
- South Korea: North Korean and Former US Diplomats to Meet in Finland
- Lyft testing monthly subscription program for regular riders
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena Lifts Nationwide State Of Emergency
- 2 dead in shooting outside of north-end Toronto bowling alley
- WTA Indian Wells: Naomi Osaka stuns Daria Kasatkina to grab maiden title
- Putin Handily Wins Another Six-Year Term, Firms Grip on Russia
- 'Nonsense' Russia would poison spy: Putin