Local leaders are leading a "dog-in" Sunday at LaGuardia Airport to demand justice following the death of a 10-year-old French bulldog on a United Airlines flight last week.
United flight 3996 from Newark to St. Louis was diverted to Akron, Ohio to drop off the pet.
On Monday, a 10-month-old French bulldog puppy named Kokito died aboard a United Airlines flight from Houston to NY after a flight attendant ordered the owner to place the dog's carrier - with the dog still inside - in the overheard bin because it was blocking the aisle.More news: Nidahas Trophy Final: India wins toss; Bangladesh to bat
Last week, the company merited the ire of dog lovers near and far when it was revealed a flight attendant forced a passenger to place her dog in an overhead bin, only for the dog to die.
"This little guy fought hard for his life, filling our flight with his cries until he finally ran out of breath", passenger June Lara wrote on Facebook after the incident. The Transportation Department is investigating the incident. According to CBS affiliate, KCTV, Kara Swindle was flying into Kansas City Tuesday night, accompanied by her two children and Irgo, the family's German shepherd.
Then on Tuesday, another case of mistaken canine identity occurred on a United flight, sending a pet owner into a frenzy when she discovered a Great Dane in the place of her German Shepard, Irgo, in a facility at the Kansas City airport.More news: Turkey's Erdogan says Afrin city centre under 'total' control
The mix-up was the third incident involving a pet on a United Airlines flight in just a week.
"I was in shock, instantly in tears, wondering where my dog was instead of this dog", Swindle said.More news: Russian Federation boots 23 United Kingdom diplomats in spy-poisoning tit for tat
- Amber weather warning for snow across Cornwall
- Agent safety Reid says activism has kept teams away
- UFC London card is short one fight for weight issues
- Nepal gets ODI status for first time
- Russian Federation to expel United Kingdom diplomats as crisis over nerve toxin attack deepens
- Russian Federation expels 23 British diplomats as crisis over nerve toxin attack deepens
- May 'anticipated' Russian retaliation in ex-spy poisoning row
- Yamuna-Expressway: Three AIIMS doctors on birthday trip died in accident
- Modi Govt Has Mismanaged Issues In J&K Like Never Before: Manmohan Singh
- Russian Federation spy row: United Kingdom lab could be poison source, says ambassador