However, Rabada later appealed against the guilty verdict handed to him by the ICC for breaching their code of conduct in a last-ditch bid to be able to play in the rest of the gripping series against Australia.
Cape Town - Former Springbok giant Bakkies Botha has leapt to the defence of Kagiso Rabada with an hysterical tweet.More news: 5 key takeaways from Pennsylvania's too-close-to-call special election
Heron will have 48 hours after the hearing‚ which will be conducted via videoconference‚ to make his decision.
Michael Heron QC of New Zealand has been appointed as the Judicial Commissioner for the hearing, which will be held via video conference. The four-match series is tied at 1-1.
Cricket South Africa on Wednesday revealed that the 22-year-old has challenged the sanction.More news: Time Warner Inc (TWX) Position Reduced by Baird Financial Group Inc
"I think I take responsibility for what happened", Rabada told press at an appearance at a junior coaching clinic in Centurion.
Ahead of a disciplinary hearing on Monday which could see Rabada handed a two-match ban, South Africa have turned to well respected politician and barrister Dali Mpofu to lead a defense which will reportedly lay some blame on Smith for the incident.
South Africa are expected to argue contact between Rabada and Smith was the fault of the Australian skipper.More news: Sean Hannity Calls Shepard Smith "Clueless" For Comments About Opinion Programming
- Turkish forces have surrounded Afrin city in Syria operation, says state media
- Sonic to unveil pickle juice slush in 2018
- Analytical Overview of Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB)
- Pak may pull out diplomats' kids studying in India
- Auburn survives scare, grinds out first-round victory against Charleston
- Johnson: 'Overwhelmingly likely' Putin ordered nerve agent attack
- Israel Condemns Poisoning of Russian Spy, Without Mentioning Russia
- England spinner Mason Crane to miss New Zealand Test series
- Valentino Rossi Extends Yamaha MotoGP Contract Through 2020
- West Virginia cruises past Bucknell 83-50 to advance in WNIT