However, Rabada later appealed against the guilty verdict handed to him by the ICC for breaching their code of conduct in a last-ditch bid to be able to play in the rest of the gripping series against Australia.
Cape Town - Former Springbok giant Bakkies Botha has leapt to the defence of Kagiso Rabada with an hysterical tweet.More news: Shriya marries boyfriend in hush-hush manner?
Heron will have 48 hours after the hearing‚ which will be conducted via videoconference‚ to make his decision.
Michael Heron QC of New Zealand has been appointed as the Judicial Commissioner for the hearing, which will be held via video conference. The four-match series is tied at 1-1.
Cricket South Africa on Wednesday revealed that the 22-year-old has challenged the sanction.More news: Analytical Overview of Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB)
"I think I take responsibility for what happened", Rabada told press at an appearance at a junior coaching clinic in Centurion.
Ahead of a disciplinary hearing on Monday which could see Rabada handed a two-match ban, South Africa have turned to well respected politician and barrister Dali Mpofu to lead a defense which will reportedly lay some blame on Smith for the incident.
South Africa are expected to argue contact between Rabada and Smith was the fault of the Australian skipper.More news: JJ Watt sends ideal tweet about Tyrann Mathieu signing with Texans
- 5 key takeaways from Pennsylvania's too-close-to-call special election
- WTA Indian Wells: Naomi Osaka dismantles Simona Halep in 63 minutes!
- Israel Condemns Poisoning of Russian Spy, Without Mentioning Russia
- Johnson: 'Overwhelmingly likely' Putin ordered nerve agent attack
- Russian Federation expels 23 British diplomats over ex-spy poisoning accusations
- Turkish forces have surrounded Afrin city in Syria operation, says state media
- Who Is Adrian Lamo? Former Hacker Who Turned in Chelsea Manning Dies
- Violent protests erupt in Madrid over migrant vendor's death
- Russia Expels 23 Diplomats After Salisbury Poisoning Attack
- From Russian spy poisoning to diplomatic tensions