The Barcelona manager described Gomes, 24, as "brave" for speaking out and the midfielder Sergio Busquets said the squad would help their team-mate after the former Valencia player gave an interview to Panenka magazine in which he described his "hell" at Barcelona. "There are days that I feel a little low on confidence, and in training it is noticeable".
"On more than one occasion, I didn't want to leave my house, because people look at you, and I was scared of going into the street because I felt ashamed". So what I do is I don't talk to anyone, I don't annoy anyone. "It annoys me when they say that I can do a lot of good things because I ask myself why I'm not doing them".More news: Margot Robbie To Play Sharon Tate In Tarantino Film, Alongside Leonardo DiCaprio
"Andre was very courageous to admit to his feelings, particularly in the public nature in which he did", Valverde said in the press conference.
Valverde said Gomes is able to start in the Champions League against Chelsea this week if selected with Philippe Coutinho cup-tied and a late decision to be made over Andres Iniesta's fitness.More news: Ben Carson knew about $31000 dining set despite statements to the contrary
"Thinking too much has hurt me". "As people in the football world, we are often careful not to reveal our insecurities or weaknesses, so it was a very fearless act". Asked if Gomes was ready to play, Valverde replied: "If the coach believes so, yes". "This is not something I have not come across before in my career, as a player or a coach". "We work with him as well as all the professionals at the club.Everyone has a personalised programme and Gomes is no exception".
"We always tried to help him, but in the end, he is the one who can only help him and improve things".More news: Tiger Woods doesn't know how he's getting massive clubhead speeds
"It's a very personal issue for Andre, so we did not know the full extent but we had some understanding", Busquets told reporters on Tuesday before his side's Champions League clash with Chelsea, via Football Espana. "We have done as much as possible to help him". "We're playing against a good team, especially in defence".
- Monster Hunter World Deviljho Release And Spring Event Update
- Smoking Can Increase The Chances Of Going Deaf By 60 Percent
- Bullseye icon Jim Bowen dies, aged 80
- New addition Jake Arrieta promising Phillies will fight
- Dota Plus Subscription Service Introduced for Dota 2
- March Madness odds 2018: Wednesday First Four betting lines and trends
- Home Automation: Google Assistant, Amazon Cloud Cam Pick Up New Abilities
- Delhi CS assault witness Jain resigns as Kejriwal's advisor
- Prudential to spin off M&G business
- Skyrim VR is coming to HTC Vive next month