Ahead of him on the all-time triple-doubles list are Oscar Robertson (181), Magic Johnson (138) and Jason Kidd (107).
"It's always insane, man, to go on the road and just see, not just fans cheering, but just see kids in my jersey, because I never, ever imagined me playing in the league". The next active player who has the most triple-doubles is LeBron James, who has played seven more years than Westbrook and has 69 in his career. However, the Thunder did already report that George would be reevaluated Wednesday once the team returned home to Oklahoma City, so another update will still likely come once that evaluation has been completed.
"I'm just happy to be a part of the crew with those guys", Westbrook said after leading the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 119-107 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. Grant responded in a huge way, scoring 15 of his 20 points in the second half to go with five rebounds and two drawn charges, taking his tally to 17 on the season.More news: The internet can't get over this Chinese journalist's dramatic eye-roll
Thunder coach Billy Donovan was effusive in his praise of the 29-year-old, saying: "It's incredible".
"I try to read and react and see what teams are doing defensively, and obviously find the ways to make the game easy for my teammates", Westbrook said.
"Certain guys in the league have to do something to impact the game".
"The fact that this is the 100th triple-double and he's a point guard, speaks to (the fact that) his fingerprints are all over the game". Westbrook can become one of the greatest basketball players to ever because of his ability to elevate his game above everybody else.More news: 49ers expected to sign RB Jerick McKinnon to four-year deal
Finally, after Carmelo Anthony knocked down the last of his six 3-pointers to cap the run, Westbrook headed to the bench with just under a minute to go.
The Thunder, 41-29, are now sitting in fourth place in the wildly competitive Western Conference but they're just a half game up on the fifth seed New Orleans Pelicans and the sixth seed Minnesota Timberwolves.
Since Westbrook entered the league in 2008-09, the Thunder have gone 482-310 overall (.609).More news: Smoking Can Increase The Chances Of Going Deaf By 60 Percent
- Dota Plus Subscription Service Introduced for Dota 2
- New addition Jake Arrieta promising Phillies will fight
- Alicia Vikander leads the Tomb Raider reboot
- Which Denver-area counties are the healthiest?
- France Accuses Apple of Abusive Contracts, Will Sue Company
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- Prudential to spin off M&G business
- Margot Robbie To Play Sharon Tate In Tarantino Film, Alongside Leonardo DiCaprio
- Heynckes breaks Champions League record as Bayern march on
- Yellow weather warning issued for rain tonight