Cornerback Patrick Robinson played a vital role for the Philadelphia Eagles' defense during a run to the Super Bowl, but he'll suit up for a different team in 2018, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
The New Orleans Saints have brought back a familiar face, signing free agent cornerback Patrick Robinson.More news: Free for all in Gujarat Assembly
Originally a first-round pick by the Saints in the 2010 NFL Draft, Robinson bounced around between the Colts and Chargers over the last few years.
In New Orleans, Robinson can still compete for a title with a team that has a legitimate shot to contend. He played all 16 games and recorded a career-high-tying four interceptions to help the Eagles win the Super Bowl.More news: Shane McMahon's Big WrestleMania 34 Announcement Revealed
Apparently re-signing Robinson wasn't as important as many were led to believe. Robinson broke out for four interceptions last year-five if you include the playoffs-while earning PFF's No. 4 grade out of 120 qualifiers at cornerback. Rapoport previously reported that Robinson was headed back to Philly.
Though they missed out on tight end Jimmy Graham, the New Orleans Saints are committing to a reunion with another former player. Defensive Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore made an instant impact and Ken Crawley emerged as a solid starter. The Eagles will face the Saints on the road this upcoming season.More news: Barack Obama Reveals His NCAA Tournament Bracket
With Darby immediately lining up on the outside, Robinson found a home lining up over the slot.
- 49ers expected to sign RB Jerick McKinnon to four-year deal
- Sarah Drew From 'Grey's Anatomy' to 'Cagney & Lacey'
- Delhi CS assault witness Jain resigns as Kejriwal's advisor
- Porn star raising funds for legal expenses in Trump disclosure fight
- Jeremy Maclin hits free agency after being released by Baltimore Ravens
- Arizona Cardinals release former LSU football standout Tyrann Mathieu
- CB Butler leaving Patriots for $61 million deal with Titans
- 'We had your backs': Trudeau on country's steel and aluminum workers
- Kiss From Katy Perry Made "American Idol" Contestant "Uncomfortable"
- Conte takes time to laud Messi after Champions League exit