Cornerback Patrick Robinson played a vital role for the Philadelphia Eagles' defense during a run to the Super Bowl, but he'll suit up for a different team in 2018, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
The New Orleans Saints have brought back a familiar face, signing free agent cornerback Patrick Robinson.More news: Dota Plus Subscription Service Introduced for Dota 2
Originally a first-round pick by the Saints in the 2010 NFL Draft, Robinson bounced around between the Colts and Chargers over the last few years.
In New Orleans, Robinson can still compete for a title with a team that has a legitimate shot to contend. He played all 16 games and recorded a career-high-tying four interceptions to help the Eagles win the Super Bowl.More news: Home Automation: Google Assistant, Amazon Cloud Cam Pick Up New Abilities
Apparently re-signing Robinson wasn't as important as many were led to believe. Robinson broke out for four interceptions last year-five if you include the playoffs-while earning PFF's No. 4 grade out of 120 qualifiers at cornerback. Rapoport previously reported that Robinson was headed back to Philly.
Though they missed out on tight end Jimmy Graham, the New Orleans Saints are committing to a reunion with another former player. Defensive Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore made an instant impact and Ken Crawley emerged as a solid starter. The Eagles will face the Saints on the road this upcoming season.More news: Seth Rich's Parents Sue Fox News Over Retracted Story
With Darby immediately lining up on the outside, Robinson found a home lining up over the slot.
- Tiger Woods doesn't know how he's getting massive clubhead speeds
- Kiss From Katy Perry Made "American Idol" Contestant "Uncomfortable"
- Diddy, Steph Curry included on billionaire's ownership group for Panthers bid
- Sarah Drew From 'Grey's Anatomy' to 'Cagney & Lacey'
- Shane McMahon's Big WrestleMania 34 Announcement Revealed
- Theresa May welcomes Facebook decision to remove Britain First page
- Delhi CS assault witness Jain resigns as Kejriwal's advisor
- Russell Westbrook Reaches NBA Triple-Double Milestone
- Barack Obama Reveals His NCAA Tournament Bracket
- Free for all in Gujarat Assembly