After the Question Hour when Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel raised a point of order, Congress MLA Vikram Maadam sought to speak.
Following which, another Congress MLA Amrish Der protested the suspension and supported him. However, Madam refused to give in and other legislators from his party, Ambrish Der and Virji Thumar, rushed towards the well of the House. The speaker suspended both the MLAs for the day and ordered that they be marshalled out. This enraged Congress MLA Pratap Dudhat, who then attacked BJP's Jagdish Panchal with a rod attached to a microphone.
Two Congress legislators were suspended for three years from the Gujarat Assembly by Speaker and another for one year.More news: New addition Jake Arrieta promising Phillies will fight
As they came to blows, other members from both sides rushed to the well where they all jostled with one another before the Speaker adjourned the proceedings. During this time, Der entered the House from the back door and attacked Panchal.
Following the incident, Amrish Der was surrounded by BJP MLAs and was kicked and slapped the Congress lawmaker.
"This was a shameful incident and unprecedented in the history of Gujarat Assembly". This led to a verbal duel between some BJP and Congress legislators. "In fact, later when we were out of the House, Congress MLA Baldev Thakor threatened to break my legs".More news: Dota Plus Subscription Service Introduced for Dota 2
According to reports, Dudhat, who represents Savarkundla seat, used his belt targeting Nikol MLA Panchal. "I am sad about my behaviour in the House but not ashamed of what happened in the context of what was said about my mother", he said.
After the attack on Panchal, the speaker suspended Dudhat for the rest of the ongoing Budget Session. The entire opposition Congress staged a walkout after the strong action by the Speaker. The speaker adjourned the house for ten minutes, named Dudhat for five years term suspension and left but the effect did not stop there. For the last six to seven days, BJP MLA Jagdish Panchal has been uttering bad words and using foul language against me in the House. He objected that the leader of the opposition should understand the limitations of time for a question.More news: Tiger Woods doesn't know how he's getting massive clubhead speeds
- Home Automation: Google Assistant, Amazon Cloud Cam Pick Up New Abilities
- West Ham can dodge a bullet by avoiding Andre Gomes
- March Madness odds 2018: Wednesday First Four betting lines and trends
- 49ers expected to sign RB Jerick McKinnon to four-year deal
- Sarah Drew From 'Grey's Anatomy' to 'Cagney & Lacey'
- Skyrim VR is coming to HTC Vive next month
- Kiss From Katy Perry Made "American Idol" Contestant "Uncomfortable"
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- Blocking IPP signing a 'delay tactic' nothing more - Yelland
- Amitabh Bachchan clarifies his health is fine